What is a TSSTCorp DVD+RW TS-H653F?

vbimport

#1

I just bought a brand new Dell computer and i was planning on putting my Sony DRU800a into it but i guess it doesn’t have any IDE connectors only SATA so im wondering if you could tell me anything about the drive it came with: TSSTCorp DVD+RW TS-H653F. I have never heard of TSSTcorp so im kind of leery of burning anything of importance on it.

I burn a lot of movie backups would this drive give me good burns? Or should i maybe find another?

Thanks for the help!


#2

I believe it is a Samsung SH-S223 > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/burning-debacle-247764/

Michael says > http://club.cdfreaks.com/2086352-post8.html


#3

[QUOTE=Bob;2114452]I believe it is a Samsung SH-S223 > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/burning-debacle-247764/

Michael says > http://club.cdfreaks.com/2086352-post8.html[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much. So if i updated with firmware for the Samsung SH-S223F it should work then?

I really wish i could set the bitsetting/booktype with this one :frowning:

EDIT:

I dont think thats my drive based on samsungs site:
http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=computersaccessories&type=opticaldiskdrives&subtype=dvdwriter&model_cd=SH-S223F/BEBN

It says 22x mine is only 16x hmmmm:confused:


#4

Read the links Bob gave you…


#5

@ deckk,

Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation (abbreviated TSST Corp), an international joint venture company of Toshiba (Japan) and Samsung Group (Korea). Toshiba owns 51% of its stock, while Samsung owns the remaining 49%. The company specialized in optical disc drive manufacturing. The company was established in 2004 ->

http://www.tsstorage.com/tsst/corp_e/indexe.html

If in doubt of the information provided in Forum Member Bob #2 posting here another Web Link that confirms Samsung SH-S223F/TS-H653F ->

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters/samsung-sh-s223f-ts-h653f/2353

A through complete testing of the SH-S223F/TS-H653F ->

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.cdr.cz/a/24638&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=10&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTS-H653F%2B%40%2BSH-S223F%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Regards,
bjkg


#6

[QUOTE=chef;2114493]Read the links Bob gave you…[/QUOTE]

I did read them i just wouldn’t figure out why mine is only a 16x and the one mentioned is a 22x.

[QUOTE=bjkg;2114608]@ deckk,

Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Corporation (abbreviated TSST Corp), an international joint venture company of Toshiba (Japan) and Samsung Group (Korea). Toshiba owns 51% of its stock, while Samsung owns the remaining 49%. The company specialized in optical disc drive manufacturing. The company was established in 2004 ->

http://www.tsstorage.com/tsst/corp_e/indexe.html

If in doubt of the information provided in Forum Member Bob #2 posting here another Web Link that confirms Samsung SH-S223F/TS-H653F ->

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters/samsung-sh-s223f-ts-h653f/2353

A through complete testing of the SH-S223F/TS-H653F ->

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=cs&u=http://www.cdr.cz/a/24638&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=10&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTS-H653F%2B%40%2BSH-S223F%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the help :).

So just to make sure if i download the latest SH-S223F firmware http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/10373/
and i install it, it should work fine and not break anything?


#7

Yes you should be able to use Samsung firmware and use C0deKings Samsung firmware patcher to get what you want (like bitsetting and faster read speed). You might need to use -no check flasher mode though. All of this info is in the FAQ’s at the Samsung forum > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/