What is a photo cd?

vbimport

What is a photo cd and how do you make 'em?

If I’m correct a photo cd is just a cd with all photo’s on them. Used by photographers to let you pick easier photo’s for example.:slight_smile:

Special format usually, patented by Kodak if I am not mistaken.

PhotoCDs can be played in certain stand alone machines for viewing on TV screens.

But I could be wrong, usually a google search yields in interesting results…

Hi M8,
Bottom line, a photo cd is created with a browser menu in the root (a little like explorer) of the cd, and then all the desired images after it. So, when u boot up the cd it opens a browser which allows you to look through the cd etc. Similar scenario is when you have a designated photos folder in windows xp. when you open it you see the thumbnails, and you can scan through.
hope that explains it!:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Smart@$$
But I could be wrong, usually a google search yields in interesting results…

Your sentence is wrong, here better one: But I could be wrong as usually, a google search yields in interesting results… :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Originally posted by dansmug

Your sentence is wrong, here better one: But I could be wrong as usually, a google search yields in interesting results… :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

If you do correct my English, in your case it should be usual, instead of usually…

smart asses

Originally posted by Smart@$$

If you do correct my English, in your case it should be usual, instead of usually…

Yep, got me there. But I was only teasing you and it worked so whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

Ulead also have a wonderfull product (cant think of the name at the moment) that allows you to create photo albulms on a CDR/RW and play them back on a standalone DVD Player.

(assuming your dvd player can read CDR/RW

regards

WinOnCD 3.8 Special Edition and higher version can make a nice VideoCD of your jpeg collection.

You can drag all the images to a photoalbum icon , do some modifications on them (add some textures) and even put a nice mp3 or wav file to listen to while you watch them. (Sadly only one track , so make it a 80 minute during mp3 or so).

Fully compatible with VideoCD compatible players and it adds a special player program on the cd itself for the cd-rom users.

thats kool, but i dont have that version of winoncd…

@shuebhussain. you can take a look at my site.

http://www.freewebs.com/agzz/Index.html

Under PhotoVCD there are a few ways to do photoalbums for viewing on set top.