What if using not upgraded firmware^

Ciao mates, I have a somewhat technical question to ask you. Let’s suppose I have a burner which mounts the first revision of a firmware; and the most updated is rev.03; let’s say I burn cds, dvds and dvd9s without any apparent trouble. Am I risking to make worse dvds and cds or newer firmwares affects just some major problem or compatibility issue and if it burns a media you are definetely safe using the old version of the flash? I ask this because I can not at the moment upgrade the firmware but I don’t want to make garbage (but unapparent) dvds which I could avoid upgrading. I suppose it’s always better upgrade but maybe if it burns it burns?

New firmware is often to add new media or new strategies for existing media. If your current burns are on established media like Verbatim, the newer firmware probably won’t matter.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2409154]If your current burns are on established media like Verbatim, the newer firmware probably won’t matter.[/QUOTE]That’s not always true. The first firmwares (SB00 and SB01) for Samsung’s 223 series drives (1st gen) were flawed and could cause permanent drive failure after some usage. That was fixed with later firmware releases.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2409286]That’s not always true. The first firmwares (SB00 and SB01) for Samsung’s 223 series drives (1st gen) were flawed and could cause permanent drive failure after some usage. That was fixed with later firmware releases.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Ok… But, if this mean it will be broken (or risk to broke), ok, however it’s under warranty and I don’t think one average user should worry about firmwares when they buy one drive. The fact is that I need this today and I can’t upgrade it in some time… However I’ll try, and see what is happen.

moved to general CD/DVD writers forum since it is better suited here.