What I need to copy Cd games to HD then play

My kids keep scratching the CDs (mostly educational ones). I need to copy them to the hard drive and then play them from there through a virtual drive.

What is the best and easiest method to do so where kids (3 to 7 years old) can double click on an icon on the desktop (Windows XP Pro) and launch the program (that is getting it inserted in the virtual drive and have it play)

CDs are mostly Disney, Reader Rabbit, Thomas the Tank engine and alike.

I have made a search and found that Asus, Liteon and Plextor Premium (I have this in my PC but not the kids PC) are best. But how about software that can copy to HD and launch the program from an icon?

You could try one of Alcohol’s products from their site. They make it quite easy to copy CD’s to hard disc and then set up a virtual hard disc to play them on.

Originally posted by fmuakkassa
[B]My kids keep scratching the CDs (mostly educational ones). I need to copy them to the hard drive and then play them from there through a virtual drive.

What is the best and easiest method to do so where kids (3 to 7 years old) can double click on an icon on the desktop (Windows XP Pro) and launch the program (that is getting it inserted in the virtual drive and have it play)

CDs are mostly Disney, Reader Rabbit, Thomas the Tank engine and alike.

I have made a search and found that Asus, Liteon and Plextor Premium (I have this in my PC but not the kids PC) are best. But how about software that can copy to HD and launch the program from an icon? [/B]

Either Daemon Tools (Free) or Alcohol 120% (Not Free). You can get Daemon Tools from here. Because you are just making images it is not super important what burner you will use, as some of the protections, SafeDisc for example, it all comes down to burning it. That’s where you will need a 2 sheep burner. But judging from your games mentioned you should have no problem with any burner.

Good Luck :slight_smile: