What Hdtv mainly for Xbox 360

Can anyone recommend me a quality 32" Lcd Hdtv mainly for Xbox 360 and dvds (I have the older Xbox 360 with the hd component lead) I have been looking at Tvs for ages and it is doing my head in. Please help thanks:bow:

US? EU?
Specifiy region/country since no model exist “everywhere”.
//Danne

Sorry EU UK Is it even worth looking at full 1080p for a 32"?

I’d have a look at Sharp LC-32RD2E or LC-32X20E if you want to game, watch HD content and have good picure quality.
http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/list~brand~Sharp~subdept~lcdtv.htm

As far as I know empiredirect.co.uk is a good retailer with good prices.
//Danne

I have been reading forums and people say that on a small screen you cann’t tell the difference is this true?

Yes, at least for 32".
You probably also want to have a look at Sony KDL32D3000 :slight_smile:
//Danne

Thanks, any more?

Naw, any of those will be excellent choices IMHO
//Danne

Ok thanks, this might be a stupid question but on some Xbox 360 games it says 60hz only, so would they work with a 100hz tv

Yes, they’ll work fine
//Danne

Thanks alot, one more thing what does (Ctv) Lcd mean?

Context?
//Danne

Thanks Diizy. sorry to bug you but do you know if the Sharp LC32X20E can do 60hz needed for some Xbox games? all I can see from the stats is a mention of 50hz. Also I can see that it has Component RCA so does this mean all the 5 needed for the component hd lead? and will it really do 1080p via the component? I know that I probably will not see the real benefit of the 1080p on a 32" but I was hoping it might make games run smoother less blurring and stuff is this true?

• 60Hz will work fine
  • Component uses 3 leads, the other two are for sound
  • XboX 360 does 1080i (as maximum over component), 720p is a better choice
  • Blurring is due to the panel (high ms)
  • It’s more likely that you’ll get choppy framerates running at 1080p than 720p.
    I would also have a look at both in real life before ordering, after all there’s a bit extra you need to shell out for the X20E. :slight_smile:
    //Danne

Thanks. are you sure I can’t do 1080p over the component even with the update? What would you buy?

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sharp-LC32RD2E/
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sony-KDL32D3000/
Might be of interest, I’d skip the X20E because you wont notice a difference anyway.
Between those two I’d go for the Sharp since it’s cheaper and it’s more than good enough for Xbox 360 :slight_smile:
Keep in mind that the Sony have one more HDMI connector (3 instead of 2) and doesnt share VGA/Component input as the Sharp.
1080p output is only via VGA as far as I can tell and I do know that they’ve been some issues with frame drops (might be fixed by now) running at 1080p.
//Danne

Thanks, I am really looking in to the Sony now.

To be honest I think D3000 is being out-phased (still a great tv) but dont pay too much for it. 660£ tops
Keep in mind that the Sharp has 4 ms response time compared to Sony’s 8 ms.
Happy hunting
//Danne

Could you tell me a bit more about the response time? Is a lower or higher no. better?

[QUOTE=Ron28;1967334]Could you tell me a bit more about the response time? Is a lower or higher no. better?[/QUOTE]

lower