What have you just bought? CD/DVD related or otherwise

Today it was time to make a burn :slight_smile:
Philips DVD+R 1-2.4x made in Taiwan, RICOHJPN-R00-01
Pioneer DVR-116D @2.4x, ImgBurn (I didn’t keep the burn log, but drive stopped twice or three times during the course of burning), looks good to me :slight_smile:

Yep, good old media.

Is the rated speed really 1x-2,4x? DVD+R(W) came later to the market than -R(W), I don´t know any DVD+ media with lower speed than 2,4x

I referred to what is mentioned on the label,possibly wrong data, see attached photo:

Really looks so, strange, Philips was one of the +R(W) alliance

Maxell CD-R 74 XL 1-2-4-6x compatible, found on flea market
MID: 97m25s22f (Hitachi Maxell), made in Japan (highlighting that everywhere :slight_smile: )
C0400R74B H98
M3FL028B
How old can that disc be?

PLDS DS-4E1S for my laptop as a replacement for my TSST TS-LB23D with weak BD laser.

1 Like

OK, that was not the whole story, actually as a replacement for TS-LB23D I found an used Pioneer BDC-TD03VC drive for a reasonable price, but that was to be shipped from another country. Then locally I found the above DS-4E1S drive, and at last attempt I managed to find a bargain in the form of brand new TSST SN-506BB drive for less than I paid for the Pioneer drive… So now I have 3 replacement units, seems like a lifetime stock, and I need to decide which one to put in the drive-bay :wink:

IIRC the Samsung isn´t a reliable drive and also at burning not very good. I use my similar external SE-506BB very rare

True, the last series of TSST slim drives got a very bad reputation due to writing strategy bugs and hardware failures. But with proper media it can produce good BD-R burns and at sub 10€ price level I don’t think that I was a bad deal :wink: (have 2 copies of SE-506BB as well, so I know what I get).

Panasonic DMP-BD84 blu-ray player & Canon EOS M100 mirrorless camera.

TDK DVD-R 1-4x, CMC MAG F01, made in Taiwan.
CPDR47G-CAFWP0E-027 0307
PAD681IG30075149 4, CD2Date gives July 30th, 2004 as manufacturing date.

1 Like

25DMR47RS4 - Sony DVD-R 4.7GB 16x (25) - MID SONY16D1 - Made in Malaysia

ID01

Made in Malaysia? Never seen it before. Maybe from Daxon?

The quality is 6/10, RITEKF1 has better results, about Daxon, I don’t know.
This is the stamper Code: DRM5GG0001 4C

I though Daxon was based in Taiwan.

Daxon was active in other country

And the violet one is already burned :wink:

Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 4 Μαύρο (Black)

SR80SP50V1
Mitsubishi Chemical Media
Verbatim CD-R 700MB 48x (AZO)
MID: 97m34s23f
Stamper Code: ZE4360-CDR-A80A-AZO

MID

Huh, which drive only allows max. 24x speed with this media?