What have you just bought? CD/DVD related or otherwise

vbimport

Another great eBay find!

A bit of the older European flavor of Verbatim. These are TYG02.

I believe that I have some of those discs. the look nice. OK Not as nice as the vinyl CD-R :wink:

Over the weekend, I cleaned up the clutters on the family computer and backed them up to 30 Blu-ray disks.

I replenished my blank Blu-ray disks reserve with 2 packs of RiData Blu-ray disks at $30 CAD per (30% off).

The write speed for these new disks are 6x and I never used them before. I did a test run on one of them with full file validation, everything turned out well, I will keep my new purchases. :smiley:

More Verbatim products for the European market. I don’t know why they don’t sell retail 50 packs of wide printable AZO discs in the USA (you can get 50 and 100 packs of standard width printable, or 25 packs of hub printable). Surprised to find these are made in Taiwan by CMC, was expecting made in India by MBIL.

Since I just finished my second new 6700K build ( the first was stolen) I thought I would need a new 4K monitor

I upgraded in Dec. to an 7.1 home theatre hence installed a new Denon 7.1 receiver plus 2 surround back speakers. Out of the box the Denon sounds awfully average but once the settings/parameters are manually adjusted the sound is shattering and clear. Unfortunately the calibration program is not doing a perfect job beside speaker calibration.

http://pasteboard.co/o9MBgTKTD.jpg

[QUOTE=alan1476;2787185]Since I just finished my second new 6700K build ( the first was stolen) I thought I would need a new 4K monitor[/QUOTE]
Enjoy it Alan. I also need a 4K monitor but… :bigsmile:

That AUS looks huge, size?

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2787186]I upgraded in Dec. to an 7.1 home theatre hence installed a new Denon 7.1 receiver plus 2 surround back speakers. Out of the box the Denon sounds awfully average but once the settings/parameters are manually adjusted the sound is shattering and clear. Unfortunately the calibration program is not doing a perfect job beside speaker calibration.

http://pasteboard.co/o9MBgTKTD.jpg[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that most new multichannel amps have some kind of automated setup so that you can get the best from your amp right out of the box. I guess that setting it up manually is still the best way to go.

As expected all this are coming from a person that changed a 2007 5.1 Pioneer for a 1982 2x35W marantz amp :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=vroom;2787201]…

I was under the impression that most new multichannel amps have some kind of automated setup so that you can get the best from your amp right out of the box. I guess that setting it up manually is still the best way to go.
…[/QUOTE]

The speaker calibration works automatically but equalising the sound on all sources fails in that process, on my Denon 2016 model, and you do that manually.

[QUOTE=vroom;2787201]Enjoy it Alan. I also need a 4K monitor but… :bigsmile:

That AUS looks huge, size?

As expected all this are coming from a person that changed a 2007 5.1 Pioneer for a 1982 2x35W marantz amp :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
It a 34" Widescreen I put it in the title.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2787210]It a 34" Widescreen I put it in the title.[/QUOTE]

You are my hero, anything above 32" is great for 4K.

Wow what a difference especially with G-Sync

Finally I found something to do with the 100s of action figures that I bought for my son when he was little

LOL, that’s brilliant Alan! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2787378]LOL, that’s brilliant Alan! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE] Thanks Wombler, I knew they were in the attic for 20 years for a reason. LOL

Nothing outrages as you guys but I got my pre-order for the Nintendo Switch and Games and then I’ll go bankrupt in buying this system… :doh:

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2787529]Nothing outrages as you guys but I got my pre-order for the Nintendo Switch and Games and then I’ll go bankrupt in buying this system… :doh:[/QUOTE]
Buying what system?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2787607]Buying what system?[/QUOTE]
Your kidding right? That console is like sold out the first day it came out…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2787643]Your kidding right? That console is like sold out the first day it came out…

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/[/QUOTE] Wow, I guess thats why you are coolcolors cause you are so cool. :bigsmile:

Lot of Verbatim 16x DVD-R and DVD+R, old packaging.