What have I done wrong?

vbimport

Hi All

Having made a copy of Vietcong (I choose this 'cos it’s new) using RMPS, thought I would have ago at burning without emulation (still on a vast learning curve).

I followed the format in philamber’s “Copying Unreal Tournament 2003 and other securom 4.8x protected games with CloneCD”.

It all seems to have worked ok, I downloaded a BWA file from a link in these pages and followed the instructions set down in the above.

The game went on to a cd-r and works well enough on my pc but because of emulation software running behind xp I thought I would load it on to my laptop (no burning software) to see if it had truly worked.

Popped in the disc but lo and behold it won’t install, is this because
A) that is not what running without emulation does or
B) it should work but I have done something wrong?

Any comments good or bad will be well recieved.

You didn’t read all of the first post in “Copying Unreal Tournament 2003 and other securom 4.8x protected games with CloneCD”, did you? :wink:

You haven’t done anything else wrong.

As stated there, twinpeak copies aren’t standard cds and although they can be use to play once installed on nearly all devices, they cannot be used to install the game from some drives (in particular, plextor, toshiba and asus drives).

The solution is simple enough. Either install from your original or make a further copy of the play cd using no special settings (e.g. just copy it with nero or general proggie of your choice) and use that copy to install the game. Then use the twinpeak copy to play.

umm, but in his rig it lists he has a lite-on, I thought Lite-on’s werent affected and could install new securom games.

Yeah but he’s trying to play it on his laptop.

try burning the the copy using clone gamecd at 6x you will stand abetter chance of installing the game.
wombat

Cheers Chaps

Hummm. Ok, so maybe I didn’t read all of it, (I thought I had), but here is where I am now.

On my laptop:
A) The original works, install and play. (As you’d expect).
B) The RMPS installs but no play. (As you’d expect).
C) The RMPS installs but no play with the original play disc. (Hmmm.)
D) Philamber’s method won’t install. (As you’d expect).
E) The original installs but philamber’s wont play. (Hmmm).
F) The original installs but the RMPS wont play. (Hmmm.)

On my PC philamber’s works fine (CD-R) as does the RMPS but a bit slow (CD-RW) with a full install from the original.

Owing to the fact that I am new to this I am trialling Alcohol120%, CloneCD and Blindwrite, with Cloxxy and Deamon freeware, so thay are all running in the background of my PC.

My laptop in running MS Millenium (never liked it!) but with no burning software.

So is it possible to create a real stand alone backup, also is it wise to do all the practising on CD-RW and then the final on CD-R?

Or am I just being a cheapskate?

Nice testing and great perserverance. I have a laptop with a Matshita, travel a bit, so I know what you’re trying to do. This is premised on the laptop having a DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo

>On my laptop:
>B) The RMPS installs but no play. (As you’d expect).

…no emulation from Alcohol or Daemon Tools; bad backup?

>C) The RMPS installs but no play with the original play disc. (Hmmm.)

ah, bad backup! You sure you don’t have a Virtual Drive on the Laptop? Old version virtual drives are blacklisted. CloneCD Virtual Drive is confirmed as blacklisted by latest version of SD9 (contained in official game patches).

>D) Philamber’s method won’t install. (As you’d expect).

You probably have a Toshiba in the Laptop, yeah? ASUS, Plex and Toshi won’t install but will play.

>E) The original installs but philamber’s wont play. (Hmmm).

The fact that it’s a recordable disc is obvious to the protection - you must hide the ATIP, but the backup may be bad.

>F) The original installs but the RMPS wont play. (Hmmm.)

The fact that it’s a recordable disc is obvious to the protection - you must hide the ATIP, but the backup may be bad.

If it’s not a DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo and just a DVD or CD-ROM then I need to think more. Please confirm any emulation e.g. check Alcohol settings - you may need Alcohol loaded/installed to run the RPMS backup. Do you have any burning apps on the Laptop? Last, do you have Daemon-Tools installed on the Laptop?

This may be just a matter of emulation with D-Tools and the Hide ATIP feature of CloneCD for working backups on the Lappy

Hi FutureProof

The laptop has is a P3 1ghz with 128meg RAM, running a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2502. The drive is a bog standard generic IDE dick type 45 running FAT32.

There is absolutly no burning/emulation software on the laptop at all. The theory is this is where I test my copies. Though I don’t know enough about the proggies yet, some need tobe running in the background to play the disc some don’t. I think!

The settings were as in the “Copying Unreal Tournament 2003 and other securom 4.8x protected games with CloneCD”.

Stupid question time…What’s ATIP? Is it like ASIP or are they completely different. Come to think of it what’s ASIP?

>generic IDE dick

LOL

ATIP? You haven’t read our FAQ my dear convict overseer. The protection can tell, by looking at the information on the writable disc … well, just by the ATIP being present means it’s a copy.You can hide the ATIP with CloneCD or Alcohol as well as use Autoplay with Blindwrite.

The Toshi DVD-ROM will not install a .ccd twinpeak backup. It may not even play one.

An RPMS copy will not play unless, well, a picture’s worth a few words at least. Also, [url=http://www.daemon-tools.cc/ will emu RPMS. The Daemon’s Forum is worth joining as well, you’ll see many members from here, there as well.

All the words you don’t understand will come up in a serach of the site.

HAHAHAHAHAHA generic IDE dick. Freud(?) would have something to say about that, prob something to do with my Mother LOL. It’s not like the S & K keys are next to each other.

Back to the point.

I have read the FAQs and I forgot that I need to have the proggies in the background for to use an RMPS backup.

I found that http://knowhow.cdfreaks.com/ had some rather good info.

I made a very successful backup with CloneCD following the instuctions from the online manuals and help files found here.

Having made a RMPS backup fairly easy (it was my first ever “burn”), the next logical step was to attempt to make a stand alone backup. Which is why I was using the twinpeaks method.

Would the Twinpeaks method work if I had D-Tools and nothing else or just get a new DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo.

Going back to

E) The original installs but philamber’s wont play. (Hmmm).

That would negate the method of one copy to install and one copy to play, yes or no?

So all in all is the case of the Toshi being not very good, seems most likely. If I was to install an emulation programme on to my lappy then the RMPS would work but that was not what I was trying to achieve.

I know that I could just use the original or the RMPS method but as Smabbage once said:

The trick is to fool the guard module into letting you play the game

Anyway I will end there as I wish not to be accused of rambling, having read the page on e-protocols I realise that’s what I may be getting close to.

The Toshi won’t install a CloneCD twinpeak backup but it will play it. You will need a .Blindwrite BWA or Alcohol RPMS copy to install with.

You can emulate an RPMS copy with Alcohol or DAEMON-Tools installed.

You can install and play a Blindwrite .BWA backup using Autoplay.

You’ll find that the Toshi is great for reading SafeDisc, LaserLock and Ring PROTECH protections.

Problem solved. (I hope)

Well we’re nearly there.

Installed with Blindwrite but it wouldnt’play.
The original would play, then I used a CloneCD to play and that only worked once out of five attempts.

Now I’m going to give it all up for the time being and go and watch some telly even football has to be more interesting than this at the moment.

Any idea who won the FA Cup.

Thanks for the help FutureProof, I will be back, (probably in half an hour or so once my eyes are back to normal).

Lucky7

Originally posted by Lucky7
Any idea who won the FA Cup.

Arsenal. 1:0

Originally posted by philamber

Arsenal. 1:0

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
No guesses who I support eh? lol
[OFFTOPIC]