What happened?

vbimport

hi guys any help would be great. i bought dvdfab plat. 3.0.8.0 it took about 30 mins. to copy when i ordered- 5 days later, with no software added, my burn speed went to 3 hours. omg why. any tips did i do something wrong?
thanks

Open the settings:clap: and reset your DMA.:clap:

Hi tanner87,

No, you didn’t do anything wrong. Sounds like a DMA issue.
Click reset DMA on the first page of common settings.
If no luck, there are 2 links in my sig.
The second can be pretty involved, but not necessarily.
Good article though…worth a look at
Problems, just ask
Let us know…

Hope this helps.

wow quick replies thanks
i did reset the dma and restarted comp. no change speed used to be 6. now down too 1.35 everytime

Bummer!
Take a look at my first DMA link.
Chances are, your optical drive(s) should display Ultra DMA Mode 2.
These most likely are on the secondary IDE channel.
Note: your hdd is probably U DMA 5 or 6.

If it still not resetting to the correct mode, you’re on to the #2 link.
When xp encounters CRC errors, it will step down your transfer mode (rate of data transfer). The maximum number of allowed CRC errors is 6, after that, you’re stuck in PIO.

well the program on the second link did improve it- it got up to 2.7 about double i just got this comp. at ###buy and pretty good unit- i did notice i only have 1 pri. channel no secondary ? i dont understand how it goes from 6. speed to now 2.7 thx to you. next? thanks

ok i am now at 3.18 which is great but a far cry from 30 min. front to back the dma reset program seemed to help alot is there anything else i could do to increase the speed back to 6. or faster dvdfab advertises 15 min. burns id be in heaven
thanks so much

ok i am now at 3.18 which is great but a far cry from 30 min. front to back the dma reset program seemed to help alot is there anything else i could do to increase the speed back to 6. or faster dvdfab advertises 15 min. burns id be in heaven
thanks so much

POST #7 and POST #8 are the same why post it 2 times :confused:

While I agree with the others that your speed problems are read related, make sure the drive where the temp files are stored has plenty of free space and is not fragmented. Exit other programs that may be running in the background to free up memory and system resources.

You’re welcome…even though you’re only about 1/2 way there.
I figured it’s better to respond here than a pm…more folks to work on your problem, plus everyone benefits.
I’m confused as to how your system is set up… :confused:
Does your burner have a SATA interface? How about your hdd?
If your burner is connected on the same IDE cable as your hdd, this is a problem.

well im not to sure what hdd is or sas??? the 1st and second one…lol
i know it only shows a pri. channel no secondary

Hi Tanner87

SATA = Serial ATA AND HDD = HARD DRIVE DISC
Can you let us know what brand pc and the model number. Did they upgrade it or add any thing to it for you when you got it.

Yeah I had that problem. It happened pretty sudden, although I suspect Nero was to blame. Anyways, it might help if you do an uninstall of the driver for the writing drive. That’s what happened with me. If you don’t know how, I JUST explained the steps on a previous forum:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=210780&page=3

After the uninstall and reboot, check and make sure ALL of the drivers are set on DMA after it completely reinstalls the drivers… In my situation, all but one was set on DMA and it was that one that slowed it all down.

I have recently encountered a similar problem. I went from 11x-16x write speeds down to 1x-2x write speeds. What worked for me was uninstalling the second IDE channel. When I rebooted the drivers for my dvd burner were re-installed. I was asked to reboot again for changes to take effect. Back to 11x-16x write speeds!!!

Sony DVD RW DW-G120A driver version 5.1.2535.0, Second IDE channel driver version 5.1.2600.2180, Compaq Presario S4020WM, Athlon 2400+ XPSP2