What happened to Verbatim MIT CD-Rs?

vbimport

:aHi

I was just in Best Buy today. I noticed that all the neo-Verbatim branded CD-Rs were made in India and the old style packaging Verbatim branded CD-Rs were made in Mexico!!! What happened to MIT Verbatim’s???

Best Buy has on sale 100-packs for 19.99 each.

Thanks
NBK

I got CMC ATIP’d Verbatim Digital Vinyl CD-Rs [made in Taiwan] recently, but I don’t know about the regular Verbatim discs.

[QUOTE=Albert;2107619]I got CMC ATIP’d Verbatim Digital Vinyl CD-Rs [made in Taiwan] recently, but I don’t know about the regular Verbatim discs.[/QUOTE]

Hi Albert,

I saw the Verbatim Digital Vinyl CD-Rs MIT in Best Buy, but i was unwilling to pay $20.00 for a 50-pack…

NBK

Here, never seen MIT Verbatim Cd-Rs since 18 months.

Hi

Has anyone used ‘made in Mexico’ or ‘made in India’??? Are they consistent enough for everyday use?

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2111187]Hi

Has anyone used ‘made in Mexico’ or ‘made in India’??? Are they consistent enough for everyday use?

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]

I’ve burned about 100 cds MII, and they are pretty good IMO. (but i prefer the MIJ xD)

[quote=NBK;2111187]Has anyone used ‘made in Mexico’ or ‘made in India’??? Are they consistent enough for everyday use?[/quote]I think the MII Verbies are made by Moser Baer. Even though I haven’t bought any MII Verb CD-Rs yet, I’m finishing up my second batch of Moser Baer inkjet printables and they’ve been great.

Hi

I found a few 50-packs of MIT Verbatims at OfficeMax and i plan to buy all of them when they go on sale Sunday!!!

NBK

I believe Mexican Verbies are CMC.

I have some OLD Made in Mexico Verbies.

kg_evilboy, do you have more information these Made in Mexico?

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2112002]I believe Mexican Verbies are CMC.[/QUOTE]

CMC Magnetics has a subsidiary in Mexico called “CMC Vigobyte”. Some Verbatim CD-Rs (DL, DLP) are made here.
http://www.vigobyte.com.mx/index-eng.asp

Hi

“The race to the bottom continues!!!”

Are these Mexican CMC Vigobyte CD-Rs any good?

I just bought 150 MIT CMC CD-Rs today at Office Max for general use and ‘throw aways’.

Thanks
NBK

CMC has been making discs in Mexico for a while…Verbatim discs have also been made there for a while [at least 5 years ago, Verbatim DLP CD-R media was made there]. Made in Mexico media should be good to great.

Good information, thanks guys.

HI

:aI managed to find some MIT Verbatim, but they are Ritek!!! Are these any good or did i just waste $25+? I am looking for the consistency that i received with MIT CMC Magnetics…

Thanks
NBK

[QUOTE=NBK;2114048]HI

:aI managed to find some MIT Verbatim, but they are Ritek!!! Are these any good or did i just waste $25+? I am looking for the consistency that i received with MIT CMC Magnetics…

Thanks
NBK[/QUOTE]

They should be OK, I never had any problems with Ritek made Verbatim CD-Rs.:cool:

Hi

Verbatim branded Ritek
burned @32x by Nero CD/DVD Speed
MIT
Samsung SH-S203N did the burniing

I hope these do not degrade like the notorious Ritek G05!!!

Looks pretty good, really good. I thought Ritek was infamous for degrading DVDs instead of CDs? (Correct me if I’m wrong) Ritek makes good CDs IMHO, and your scan just proves that. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=evo69;2114076]Looks pretty good, really good. I thought Ritek was infamous for degrading DVDs instead of CDs? (Correct me if I’m wrong) Ritek makes good CDs IMHO, and your scan just proves that. :)[/QUOTE]

Hi evo69,

I actually had some of those Ritek G05 DVD that would degrade! Hopefully they make better CDs…

NBK

I believe they do make better CDs than DVDs. :slight_smile: Nothing would beat a pack of Verbs (better yet TY CD-Rs) though to put your mind at ease. :smiley: The issues that are more common with optical media now concern DVD blanks, at least with Ritek.

And on the topic of MIT CD-R Verbs… All I’ve seen locally are MIM Daxon Verbs, pretty good for its price, and even MIMe or MII are rare if not impossible to find here. And not all MIT discs are good. :wink: