What Happened to the internet being helpfull

vbimport

Yeah what happened to free information from the internet.All they have are scram sites free download and after you download there crap they want money to get sites to download anything.
The problem is i’m trying to get an engine manual for a snowblower so i can fix a oil leak before next year.Anybody know where to get a repair manual for a Tecumseh motor .

http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/tecumseh/manuals.html

Those I tried have no password protection or fees…

You would probably get more help looking at Youtube

look for:

“Certified Parts Corporation”

Tecumseh corporation sold off it’s small engine business in 2008

[QUOTE=roadworker;2725515]http://www.barrettsmallengine.com/tecumseh/manuals.html

Those I tried have no password protection or fees…[/QUOTE]

thanks roadworker that’s just what I was looking for I got a oil leak and been nursing it through the winter.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2725512]Yeah what happened to free information from the internet.All they have are scram sites free download and after you download there crap they want money to get sites to download anything.
The problem is i’m trying to get an engine manual for a snowblower so i can fix a oil leak before next year.Anybody know where to get a repair manual for a Tecumseh motor .[/QUOTE]

You mean you actually bought that story??

its 99.9% crap with .1% help… but that is better than nothing…

What story you talking about Rob.?

One method I generally use for finding instruction manuals is typing in “filetype:pdf” after the keywords in Google, so that only PDF files are shown as results.

Unfortunately the spammers are catching on to this technique also by posting just the first page or two of an instruction manual with the rest of the pages saying “Download the rest of this manual” linked to their payment page. However, generally after trying a link or two, I end up with a PDF containing the complete manual.

:smiley:

The Internet story about providing helpful information. You know, 10,000 return results, and only two of them are actually what you are looking for.

The old thing of giving it for free or near free for your startup then charge after you get people hook comes into play