What happened to dvd-x copy platiunum?

vbimport

wrong title cannot edit(its dvd x-copy platinum i believe)
i am wondering why my thread was deleted(i had another about the same subject???) and what actually happened to the software was it taken down because it was too good(and way too easy to copy any dvd movie you wanted)…

Dude, your thread is alive and well.
Look here:http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/any-program-better-than-dvd-x-copy-platinum-244921/

Read here for what happened to them 4 years ago!
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/5458.cfm

I think they are back as DVD Next Copy or else they had something to do with each other if I recall right they gave a discount or something if you had dvd x copy, but I might be wrong

NextCopy is a totally different company, no relationship to to the Old 321 Studios program. I would stay away from any program that has not had an update in years. Just my opinion. Even if it worked, why recommend a program that you cant buy anymore. :confused:

Now I am confused Alan, yes 321 studios is history but when I bought dvd next copy they mentioned something about 321 studios but I have forgotten now just what it was but you can still buy dvd next copy and they still update it but not as often as FAB. Also I didn’t recommend it or any other software

I think it was misunderstood what I was trying to say (sorry)

I didnt say you recommended it Jimbo, but I was told by the people from NextCopy that they had no affiliations with the old 321 Studios, now they could have been lying to me, but I don’t think so, I think its more like they wanted the old 321 Studio business so they gave a discount to the old users, but this company is not affiliated with them, I dont know this for a fact, its just what was told to me. NextCopy is still a very viable program, we even have a sub-forum for it here.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2058063]I didnt say you recommended it Jimbo, but I was told by the people from NextCopy that they had no affiliations with the old 321 Studios, now they could have been lying to me, but I don’t think so, I think its more like they wanted the old 321 Studio business so they gave a discount to the old users, but this company is not affiliated with them, I dont know this for a fact, its just what was told to me. NextCopy is still a very viable program, we even have a sub-forum for it here.[/QUOTE]

I have heard that NextCopy bought the code from those who bought the code from 321 originally. Who knows for sure is anybody’s guess. Anyways there are enough similarities between the two programs to give you the impression they are one in the same. Just my opinion, no evidence, just what I have heard.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2057955]NextCopy is a totally different company, no relationship to to the Old 321 Studios program. I would stay away from any program that has not had an update in years. Just my opinion. Even if it worked, why recommend a program that you cant buy anymore. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Alan, you have just told a lie. I know you are still using Shrink. LOL

I never said I used either,but as I said I was under the impression that 321 Studios and DVD Next Copy were two completely differnt companys, one having nothing to do with the other, what I use is not at question here: LOL.;):bigsmile:

OK, LOL, technically you said you would stay away from … has not been updated in years, but you do not follow that advise when it comes to Shrink and neither do I. LOL

Long live Shrink

[quote=The Kipper;2058201]OK, LOL, technically you said you would stay away from … has not been updated in years, but you do not follow that advise when it comes to Shrink and neither do I. LOL

Long live Shrink[/quote]

You guys know that the author of DVD Shrink is working on a new project?

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2058214]You guys know that the author of DVD Shrink is working on a new project?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, we are just messing with each other. Alan and I have been comparing burns with Shrink for years.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2058063]I didnt say you recommended it Jimbo, but I was told by the people from NextCopy that they had no affiliations with the old 321 Studios, now they could have been lying to me, but I don’t think so, I think its more like they wanted the old 321 Studio business so they gave a discount to the old users, but this company is not affiliated with them, I dont know this for a fact, its just what was told to me. NextCopy is still a very viable program, we even have a sub-forum for it here.[/QUOTE]

You are on the money there alan1476, 321 was indeed a great program in its time and when the support was gone DVDneXtCOPY continued email only support and also asked those users to give advice how to better the program. This was how DNC was evolved.

[QUOTE=The Kipper;2058194]I have heard that NextCopy bought the code from those who bought the code from 321 originally. Who knows for sure is anybody’s guess. Anyways there are enough similarities between the two programs to give you the impression they are one in the same. Just my opinion, no evidence, just what I have heard.[/QUOTE]

I think the biggest issue to believe or want to on this was the old 321 GUI? I thought it was ugly as well and told them they should veer away from that look and now we have different skins for whatever you preferences are :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I was told by the engineers and management was pretty much what I replied to alan1476. They then rewrote the program from scratch as it doesn’t use an encoder nor a transcoder. Not to battle it out but my wife has a very good eye for detail and I made a backup of King Kong both with DNC and then another with DVD Rebuilder pro. My wife was unable to tell which copy was which and I labeled them disc one and two so I can know. However this was on only a 46" tube TV as well. Hope to get a LCD 50+" in a few months. I would go into the steam compressor but I think you remember that right? If not here’s a refresher email from the engineers as I too was wondering as well…

The StreamCompressor

The StreamCompressor is all part of the DVD neXt COPY KVME
(Kinetic Vector Motion Encoder) witch is our dynamic compression
engine. It is designed with the future in mind and is newer technology
then the traditional encoders and transcoders that are now getting outdated.
Our engine is unique as it analyzes and recompresses streams in 1 step and
produces superior quality copies witch no other software is capable of.
DVD neXt COPY is the only DVD copying software on the market to use
such technology.

Not defending the program or nothing it is a good tool to have and is rarely updated but it isn’t one that really needs updates either. Usually after one update it hangs tough on all title for 3 to 6 months then another update is needed again. This of course is using the machinist plugin and not anydvd or the need to rip with fab first. It has a 99% reliability rate.

Don’t get me wrong folks DVDFab & slysoft’s suite is awesome as well.

Great explaination and post Dr. Who.:clap:

You did well yourself alan1476. It can be confusing with the name being so close, but I think this was a marketing ideal I just never ask to be honest.