What genre of music you love to listen?

Hello all,Let’s talk about music. What genre of music you love to listen?I love to listen Electronic music.And you?

Welcome, Darynthium :slight_smile: - a music thread, my favourite kind :iagree:

I’ll listen to anything - when I was younger, we always had the radio on at home, and my mum was a big record buyer.

So, I like all kinds of music. My “favourite” kind would have to be indie/alternative/punk stuff, though :slight_smile:

Rock, every kind except alternative. Been a rocker since I was a kid. Pink Floyd to Korn to Six Feet Under or The Misfits, just depends on what kind day it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

I listen many genres, but my preferred are classical, bluegrass, dixieland and hot jazz :bigsmile:

I’m rather picky about rock and pop, but I like also these genres :iagree:

I just can’t limit myself to one specific genre.

I don’t like violent punk or rap though, so those are out.

I like classical, hard rock, folk stuff, 80’s hair band music, Elvis, R & B, all sorts. From Tool and Judas Priest to Loreena McKennitt, Clannad, Enya, and others. There are just too many good forms of music. Peter Gabriel alone has gone from pop to engrossing African sounds. From Joaquin Lievano to Joe Satriani, from K’s Choice to Kitaro and Scorpions to School of Fish. From Sarah McLachlan to Janice Joplin. Motley Crue to Michael W. Smith. From Jars of Clay and Toad the Wet Sprocket to Megadeth and Nazereth.

Music is much too universal.

:iagree:

I mentioned a few genres above, but really, I have a bit of everything in my collection. Apart from rap. One genre that I just can’t seem to get into. :slight_smile:

Old, twang Country annoys me too - like that “D-I-V-O-R-C-E” song and such.

Punk, Rap and Old Time Country - just not happenin’ for me. :slight_smile:

I’ll listen to just about anything, although i’m not really into rap.
My favs would be metal, jazz and classical.

Well I think my user id speaks for itself but in case there is any confusion: METAL and New Wave. There are some classical elements that I really appreciate though.

I like pretty much everything…that is except for crap…erm rap. Can’t stand that stuff…isn’t music imo. I looooove acoustic rock, not the death metal, but stuff like “Behind Blue Eyes” is just amazing :bow:

I like almost everything but my all time favorites are Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day and Metallica

All great stuff…good taste H3rB3i!

No Rap! I hear that garbage so much of the time when outside or at the store, with the subwoofers blasting out the bass, and the other speakers blaring the frequent profanity, all kinds of sex implied or actually performed, degradation of women, gratuitous violence… ick!!! :eek: :a Also, no country, as I got worn out on that from hearing it morning after morning at breakfast for 3 years straight. Then except for some innovation like from the Mavericks and early Shania Twain, country artists to me became a dime a dozen. Before all that, I grew up on Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Kenny Rogers and many others. One of my favorites was Don Williams.

80’s rock/pop, but no grunge and heavy distortion/vocals. I love guitar instrumentals from the likes of Joe Satriani, Steve Vai (but not his latest album), Eric Johnson, some Yngwie Malmsteen. If it’s classical, it has to have Spanish guitar in it to interest me or just have something with Spanish guitar in it, like flamenco. Most of my current musical interests are now in Spanish, so the “Latin pop/rock” is my favorite, since it is one of the few truly creative genres left that I’ve heard. Maná is my favorite group, although I have other artists like Yuri, Ednita Nazario, Yaire, Ruben Blades, Santana, Marta Sánchez, Luz Casal, Selena, Café Tacuba, some Shakira (in Spanish). I could name more and continue, but I’d better end it here for now. :stuck_out_tongue:

我比较喜欢梁静茹的歌,呵呵

Green Day…nice one H3rB3i :slight_smile:

I’m a fan of all types of music but mainly rock.

I like all genres of music, and can’t put them into categories that easily - my take is that a good song, is a good song whatever the genre and I’ll listen to almost anything if it’s good (IMO). However, there is a lot of crap in all genres too.
I enjoy cheesy 3 min pop songs, punk, rap, hip-hop, metal, indie, new wave, country, classical, opera, ska, folk, latin, jazz, blues, dance / electronica etc, etc.
My music collection is pretty wide ranging (actually it’s bordering on ridiculous).

Reading the thread, I seem to be one of the only people who likes hip-hop and rap :slight_smile: There are a lot of good hip-hop artists out there, but sadly, only the now generic, stereotyped crap seems to be getting played (much like most chart pop music too).

Some favourite artists… Smashing Pumkins, Missy Eliot, Morphine, Bjork, Norah Jones, Thelodius Monk

You like Joaquin Lievano? The Ecologie album is Da Bomb!

This is the best Babelfish could make of what I assume is simplified Chinese:

I compare like Liang Jingru the song, ha-ha
For whatever that’s worth, of course. :stuck_out_tongue:

Joaquin Leviano? Beardedkirklander, never heard of that artist. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say “Hey, fire up BearShare and snag a copy” but now they went and made it all commercial and stuff… :stuck_out_tongue:

It is a rather great CD I bought at the mall. I think I was in Nature Works and heard the thing playing and just HAD to have it. It’s very, very good, imo. Soothing and mellow and cool.

Maybe you can find a copy somewhere.