What format was used for cd players say 15yrs ago

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVD-V7400. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi,

I know what we have is a Pioneer, but don’t know the model.

Someone brought in an old stereo, which includes a cd-player.

As you probably know, it doesn’t play the cd+/-r RW.

I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the format that audio cd’s were.

my plan is then to find out if I can find a program to burn compatible cd’s from my mp3’s, etc. so I could bring them into work.

I actually search google and here to see if I could find out what the format was.

But I didn’t see anything I could decipher.

thanks for your help.

Nothing has changed with CD audio. What was, is. The problem is the burnt disks. They will not play in older CD players, only commercially pressed CD’s work. Sorry, but there is no format to change.

Hi,[quote=LA1972;2199625](old player)
As you probably know, it doesn’t play the cd+/-r RW.
I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the format that audio cd’s were.[/quote]the structure of audio CDs is still the same. It’s the laser of the drive that can’t handle the slighty different optical properties of CD-R.

my plan is then to find out if I can find a program to burn compatible cd’s from my mp3’s, etc. so I could bring them into work.
It is not a software issue. Any software that is able to burn CD audio should do.

What matters is:

[ul]
[li]the burner
[/li][li]the media
[/li][li]the burn speed
[/li][/ul]

You Pioneer should be a good choice for the job, so you have to try different media and different burn speeds. Sometimes, higher burn speeds give better results.

Additionally, cleaning the lens of the player is often very helpful.

Michael

Thank you.

I thought it was just a different format.

I have a semi-old cd player that plays cd R-/+ I’ll just use the line in to the stereo that way.