What firmware should I choose for burning TY02?

vbimport

What firmware should I choose for burning TY02 ?

I have B7V9 now, but in the thread
*Burn Quality Hall of Fame I see that many use B7P9 and B7T9.

Is it possible to flash back to these firmwares?

/jegus

yep if you want to try a older firmware. it’s no problem to flashback.

although i think most people here like to use the latest version.

which is V9.

I would have to agree. This isn’t quite a full burn, but i think a decent score nonetheless. Fuji branded TY02 @ 12x wopc on, B7V9 ala42 speed patched.

There are two TY02:

• YUDEN000T02
  • TYG02

@xtw1ster: “a decent score” :bow: :bow: :bow: I’d love to see a “good” score :o

@jegus: many of the post in the *Burn Quality Hall of Fame are using older firmware before V9 came out.

Flashed my drive from B7V9 to B7P9

TY T02 burned @12X (The Matrix Reloaded)

Flashed my drive from B7V9 to B7P9

TY T02 burned @4X (The Matrix Reloaded)

This disc is burned @12x with fw B7V9.

TY T02 (The Matrix Reloaded)

The first types of media manufacturers try on their drives before release are sample media provided by Mitsubishi, Taiyo Yuden, Ricoh, Philips and such, often air-shipped directly from Japan. Therefore, it’s likely that even the pre-release firmwares are good enough. BenQ, NEC, LG drives were good enough with Mitsubishi, Hitachi-Maxell, Taiyo Yuden media of all the popular and latest MIDs by the time they were going to be sample-shipped.

I have some Fuji 8X DVD+R MIJ YUDEN000-T02 disks and with my BenQ 1620 with B7V9 that code shows up as 16X, 12X, 8X, 4X speeds. With Nero, If I have the speed set to MAX, it burns at 8X. Is it getting the 8X from the DVD ATIP data? Do I have to select 12X to burn these 8X at 12X? My first burn with MAX (burned at 8X) I got a quality score of 99. I wanted to try faster burns.