What file format is this?

vbimport

I have a movie on my HD and cannot put it onto disc…I have tried just about every program to no avail…the movie plays perfectly in windows media player…right clicking on properties tells me the type of file is a Video Clip and the audio format is MPEG Layer 3…and the size is 700MB…It was said to be an AVI file but when I go to burn it as an AVI it is not recognised…how do I find out what this file is…or how do I burn it (to watch on my home DVD)…which program do I use etc…does it go onto a DVD disc or a CD as in VCD etc…any help would be greatly appreciated as it`s driving me nuts trying to work it out…thanks in advance.

Marianne:bow:

You can use TMPGEnc Plus to convert it into a DVD (partially), SVCD/VCD.
SVCD/VCD will require at least 2CDs so you have to split your output file from TMPGEnc Plus.
You can use bbMPEG to split your SVCD output into suitable sizes for CDs, TMPGEnc DVD Author for DVDs and TMPGEnc Plus itself for VCDs.
//Danne

hey there…I downloaded the tmpg enc plus program…and when I add the file it tells me AVI cannot open or unsupported thanks for such a quick response…so what do I do now:eek:

Marianne:confused:

http://w1.261.telia.com/~u26119659/AviC.exe
If you open your avifile in that program what does the drop down menus say (don’t change it)?
//Danne

thanks heaps for being so helpful…ok I used ur proggy and in the dropdown box it says xvid (top) XVID (bottom)…is this telling u anything

Marianne

http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml
Install “XviD-1.0-RC4-05042004.exe” and it’ll work fine in TMPGEnc Plus.
//Danne

Many thanks for your help…have done all of the above and will let you know how it went…:slight_smile:

Marianne

Originally posted by Marianne
[B]Many thanks for your help…have done all of the above and will let you know how it went…:slight_smile:

Marianne [/B]

This “movie” isn’t a divx ? (hacked Mpeg4 format)

xvid (top) XVID (bottom)

Guess three times :slight_smile:
//Danne