What exactly is this device?

Hi, I found this little device of Panasonic while cleaning up my cupboard today. There was nothing else I found with this thing and I’m guessing it came as a part of some CD-player or something I’d bought years ago. Although it looks very much like some portable mp3 player too, there’s no USB port or anything which would help me copy the songs from PC, so I suppose it’s probably something that goes with a CD/DVD player. So I’m kinda confused and I’m not able to find any Panasonic manual anywhere. So can anyone help me out and tell me what this device is - I took a some pics of it from my phone…

I tried going to Panasonic site, but the site won’t open (probably due to my slow net connection). I’d be really grateful if someone helped me figure out how to use this thing. Thanks for your time. I’ll really appreciate your any help/pointers.

Don’t know exactly what that is but it looks like a wired remote for a car cd player. Did you have a panasonic car stereo?

It’s the wired remote alright…for some kind of CD player…a Panasonic discman

It plugs into the portable player, which you can then put in your backpack or on the carseat, and your headphones or buds plug into the little jack you can see on the back. Use it to control the player which is out of your reach.

No, I don’t have a car stereo. But I think I’d bought a portable cd player several years ago. This could’ve come with that. I’m not too sure though. But I don’t understand why a remote of a portable cd player would be wired?

[QUOTE=junky80;2036213]No, I don’t have a car stereo. But I think I’d bought a portable cd player several years ago. This could’ve come with that. I’m not too sure though. But I don’t understand why a remote of a portable cd player would be wired?[/QUOTE]

Maybe so you don’t lose it or misplace it. Well now you know what it is for since oyu purchased a discman some time ago

These things were designed before Bluetooth

Cheaper too

Oh yeah, I did have something like that! Thanks for the help. I was for a moment elated to find that device which looked like an mp3 player, since I was going to buy a new one this week only. But next moment I realized it probably wasn’t an mp3 player since there didn’t seem any way to put songs in it.

Well, thanks for taking your time out to help me. (Although a wired remote still seems kinda useless to me :p)