vbimport

Hi

i want to get a cheap DVDR but i want it to last for many years

what to get?

in my country the cheapest are

Fortis

Etion

1. what is better from these?

2. what cheap-&-good do you know in general?

thanks

Hello JekylHyde,
welcome to the forum! :wink:
Do you know the MID codes of those Fortis and Etion media? Where are you from?

how to find the MID codes?
anyway i am using the fortis dvdr for a year now & almost didn’t had no problems… so what does it matter? :slight_smile:

here is the url that is on the DVDR box:
http://www.fortistech.com.tw/

[QUOTE=JekylHyde;2550935]how to find the MID codes?
anyway i am using the fortis dvdr for a year now & almost didn’t had no problems… so what does it matter? :)[/QUOTE]

If you are using them for a year and you dont have any problems, i dont see a reason why you should change them.

OK maybe if can get some TY or Verbatim then it should be worth the change.

[QUOTE=JekylHyde;2550935]how to find the MID codes?
anyway i am using the fortis dvdr for a year now & almost didn’t had no problems… so what does it matter? :)[/QUOTE]

Well if that is the case don’t worry about it! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!:rolleyes:
Sorry vroom I am a slow writer, and had to make a pit stop.

A. i want to know what makes a good dvd a good one?
why it is cheap? will it not be readable in a few years?
this is about fortis.
B. about etion - they are even cheaper. so i want to buy them. but again - what makes a good dvdr a good one? how is they are cheap & verbatim is SO VERY not?
(btw i cant find a site for etion)
thanks

[QUOTE=JekylHyde;2550940]A. i want to know what makes a good dvd a good one?
why it is cheap? will it not be readable in a few years?
this is about fortis.
B. about etion - they are even cheaper. so i want to buy them. but again - what makes a good dvdr a good one? how is they are cheap & verbatim is SO VERY not?
(btw i cant find a site for etion)
thanks[/QUOTE]

A good DVD is the one that works after 5-7 years.

Cheap usually means lower quality, but not always.

If it is readable after a few years then it’s a good disc, but thats not guaranteed it’s pure luck.

Verbatim has higher standards and thats a good reason to spent some more money, also most of the burners will give good burn results with them.

@G_Ivan Awfulitch
Don’t worry i am not that fast, it was luck.

digital discs dosen’t supposed to last at least 20 years?
i have (magnetic) diskets that last more than 10 … so you are talking with me about 5 years? :bigsmile:

To many things can change in five years, and since we are not talking about the best media out there, i would say that 5-7 years should be ok.
Yes every company is saying that it will last 20 years, but thats under perfect conditions, what can i say maybe we can continue this discussion in the next few years.