What DVD Writer for CD and DVD burning quality?

Simple question, right?

What burner is good for burning CDRs, DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs? Hopefully, it’s also great for quality scanning the above as well. Something from LiteOn as a good compromise drive?

I have a Benq DW-1650 that’s never been quite right. Good with some media as a DVD burner, but getting worse and never perfect. Chokes entirely on writing CDs. Great quality scanner, however, for both DVD and CD. If I can’t find a burner that also does good quality scans, I could keep the Benq as a scanner.

Oh, and I’m looking for something IDE.

IMO your best bet would be to go into the burner forums and read up on different models and then make up your own mind instead of relying on other people to recommend which burner as everybody has their own favorite burner so you would get many recommendtions

True, though I find that’s more true in terms of DVD burning preferences. CD burning is more a forgotten matter these days. Many discussions that get into CD-burn quality refer to burners not readily available anymore. The most recent “favorite burner” survey is sketchy when it comes to discussion of CD burn quality.

I guess my question is more along the lines of wanting to know which current DVD burner–one I can buy from, preferably, Newegg–is the best at CD burning (to go with great DVD burning, of course.) Heck, not necessarily just the best–I just want one that’s a good CD burner. Scanning of both CDs and DVDs would be a bonus, to be sure.

Heck, I do have another option. If I can just find something great at both burning and quality scanning DVDs I could use my NEC-3540 for CD burning (and scanning–though it doesn’t scan jitter.) Or I could pop in an old Lite-On CD burner. I’ve got options, I’m just trying to figure out which way to go with what is available right now.

True, though I find that’s more true in terms of DVD burning preferences. CD burning is more a forgotten matter these days. Many discussions that get into CD-burn quality refer to burners not readily available anymore. The most recent “favorite burner” survey is sketchy when it comes to discussion of CD burn quality.

I guess my question is more along the lines of wanting to know which current DVD burner–one I can buy from, preferably, Newegg–is the best at CD burning (to go with great DVD burning, of course.) Heck, not necessarily just the best–I just want one that’s a good CD burner. Scanning of both CDs and DVDs would be a bonus, to be sure.

Heck, I do have another option. If I can just find something great at both burning and quality scanning DVDs I could use my NEC-3540 for CD burning (and scanning–though it doesn’t scan jitter.) Or I could pop in an old Lite-On CD burner. I’ve got options, I’m just trying to figure out which way to go with what is available right now.