What DVD manufacturer is better?

I just got a DVD burner in my new computer.

However, I’m wondering which DVDs I should buy.

I’m thinking TY or MCC. I want you to tell me what brand is better for both +R and -R. If a specific speed (8x vs 16x) is better, please include that.

Thanks!

Might ought to check out the Blank Media forum.

[QUOTE=IHeartGaming;2671152]I just got a DVD burner in my new computer.

However, I’m wondering which DVDs I should buy.

I’m thinking TY or MCC. I want you to tell me what brand is better for both +R and -R. If a specific speed (8x vs 16x) is better, please include that.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
I suspect that if we gave this question enough time, you would find equal numbers of people advising you towards TY or Verbatim ;). You’re off to a good start by narrowing down your choices to good stuff.

What drive do you have? By looking through the results and discussion thread for your drive in the burners forum , you may be able to discover which of the good choices are best in your case.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2671332]I suspect that if we gave this question enough time, you would find equal numbers of people advising you towards TY or Verbatim ;). You’re off to a good start by narrowing down your choices to good stuff.

What drive do you have? By looking through the results and discussion thread for your drive in the burners forum , you may be able to discover which of the good choices are best in your case.[/QUOTE]

Are the spindle pack 4.7Gb Verbatim’s in the purple colored wrapping (doesn’t say Datalifeplus or Value) considered top archival quality or should I stick to Mitsubishi disks?

I can’t get TY or JVC where I’m at, and I don’t want to order online.

Edit- I’ve got a Liteon DVD 24x burner (ihas324). I haven’t followed dvd media reviews in a long while.

[QUOTE=Toners;2671634]Are the spindle pack 4.7Gb Verbatim’s in the purple colored wrapping (doesn’t say Datalifeplus or Value) considered top archival quality or should I stick to Mitsubishi disks?[/QUOTE]

This is authentic Mitsubishi media. Probably as good as it gets at retail.