What DVD copy media is best for Sony DW-D56A

vbimport

Hi,

i am qute new, i have a dvd dual layer ± burner (it a laptop burner). I have got some Datawrite reds (v3) but they have been useless … have tried 6/7 none worked at all.
Do i need a firmware upgrade? (i dout it the drive is pretty new (copies ± R at 8X)) so is it the discs … are they just no good for the drive.

I cannot see a sony forum but liteon - is supposed to be just the same products with different names.

I have bought since:

Datawrite Premium Inkjet Printable (4x) DVD-R in Spindle Tubs of 25
Ritek Inkjet Printable (G05 dye) A Grade (8x) DVD-R in Pack of 25
Bulkpaq Inkjet Printable (8x) DVD-R in Spindle Tubs of 25

should they work?

bythe way what does firmware do?

does it increase the speed of the copying or something??? if you have a dvd-recordable drive can with firmware become a dvd -rewritable for example???

thanks a lot

actually it is dw - d56a

Thread title has been changed accordingly.

The Verbatim +R & +RW works well for me; I haven’t tried -R or -RW discs yet.

Media types don’t matter here. I just spent $2000.00 on this piece of crap sony PCG-K35. I’m having exactly same problem. I’ve tried even good brands of media like MEMORAX, VERBATIM etc. I called sony and they even replaced this DW-D56A drive and still same things are going on. I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I CAN’T EVEN RETURN THIS LAPTOP NOW BECUASE ITS BEEN OVER TWO WEEKS SINCE I BOUGHT IT. HELP PLZ… lets get together and ask sony for money back if all the DW-D56A drives are giving problems.