What DVD Burner to buy?

vbimport

Hey Folks,

I have been considering buying my first DVD burner to make backup copies of my PS2 games as well as movies and backup of files currently on my HD.

My question is this. I am looking at purchasing the Lite On DVD-RW 401S - LDW-401S which currently sells for 147 Canadian… I really don’t care about burn speed because my take with burning is

“Let it do what is has to do and for god’s sakes, DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING WHILE IT’S DOING IT!!!”

With that said, I must confess that money is an issue here and cheaper for me right now IS better, so would this burner be adequate for what I would like to do or should I save up and get something better. Ifso, In your opinion, what would you recommend is the best bang for the buck on this web site?

http://www.pccyber.com/scrItems.asp?product_subtypes_id=128&product_types_id=29

Just to let y’all know, I’m not into the intricacies of “super tweaking” my burner. Updating the Firmware is about as far as I’ll go.

Cheers and Thanks in Advance :slight_smile:

I don’t know what’s available in Canada for how much but Lite-On SOHW-851S and SOHW-812S are also nearly as cheap as LDW-401S in Seoul. 812 and 851S are clearly better than 401S.