What DVD burner to buy?

I am thinking of purchasing a DVD burner and am looking at 2 or 3 of them. Any opinions? I am looking at the TDK 440+DED. Any opinions? I need an external burner, and like the Plextor PX-504UF model also, but need to buy locally, and have been unable to locate one in the Dallas area. Sony DRX-510UL is a little rich for my blood.

Thanks!

:confused:

You need a external burner?? Those are usually a little more pricey. I would opt for a dual format drive, unless the TDk or plextor is what you want.

I have seen some of the optirite drives for like 155$ at some of the marketpro compuyter shows. Another option is to go look at newegg.com or pricewatch

The TDK is dual format, but the Plextor is CD+RW/R. Anyone heard anything - good or bad about the TDK DED+440? :confused:

I can only say that I’ve been looking at the dual-format TDK internal DVD burner and on a few forums I’ve asked for opinions but no one seems to have any on the TDK. I read a magazine review that gave high marks to the TDK model and it’s fairly affordable.

Eager Beaver

Thank you! I finally found a review in PCMAG-must be their new issue…Oct03…rated pretty good…I think I am going to go for it! :smiley:

Glad to help, maybe I can give you some more help. Don’t know where you’re located but this site has the lowest price I’ve seen (retail too) on the TDK internal Indi 440n dual format DVD Burner:

I also found a $30 rebate on this burner http://akamai.bizrate.com/deal_pdf/7317607--AID+440.pdf
but for U.S. residents only. Let me know if you have any trouble opening the file.

I actually did find a thread with some info on this burner that you might want to read before you purchase:
club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72037&highlight=tdk+440n

Best of luck and let me know if you purchase, I might be right behind you.

Egr Beaver

Actually looking at the EXTERNAL version…but it got a good review in PCMAG…Best Buy has for $309, less 10% this weekend + a $30 rebate…will let you know. :wink: