What drive was used to burn a disc

Does anyone know a way to tell what drive was used to burn a CD/DVD? I have tried to use Nero Info Tool 6, DVD Info tool, and a few other programs but I cannot find the answer I am looking for.

Basically I want to have a tool where I can go back after a disc was burned and find out what drive burned it. Since I have a ton of different drives, this would be beneficial to me to be able to track a disc back to a specific drive if there is a problem with it.

Thanks everyone!

In most cases, DVD-R discs all have the drive make/model written to them. Some drives also write a decent amount of information to DVD+R discs [but not always]. As for CD-R, I do not think that such information is recorded–at least I’ve never seen the data displayed.

ImgBurn can show the “recorded with” information on DVD+R if the drive wrote such information [and it is usable], and ImgBurn and Nero CD-DVD Speed can show the “recorded with” information on DVD-R.

Screenshot of DVD+R in ImgBurn, DVD+R DL in ImgBurn, DVD-R in CD Speed, DVD-R in ImgBurn. Drive information is highlighted in yellow. Notice that “garbage data” may sometimes be written [as in the last screenshot]. The drive used for all discs was [obviously, hehe] the LG [aka HL-DT-ST] GSA-E40L.

Note that some drives may write a generic label – such as just “ATAPI” or the name of the chipset used or the brand name – instead of a combination of make and model.

Albert,

Thanks a ton. I have img burn and never knew that it could provide that information to me. I have found what I am looking for using that software. Thanks again!

QUOTE=Albert;2235261

ImgBurn can show the “recorded with” information on DVD+R if the drive wrote such information [and it is usable],(…)[/QUOTE]Cool. I always thought there is no such information with +R media.