What Drive burns the new Ritek S04-42 media

llost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

can anyone tell me which drive(s) burn the Ritek S04-42 media?
memorex DL was S04-01 media id which burned great on both my
TSSTcorp SH-S203B SB03 firmware
and my llite-on LH-20A1H LL0D firmware
so i ordered 2 50 cake boxes only 2 find the new media id of Ritek S04-42
which neither one of the drives burn at any speed…
The sad part is u never know what a burnher will burn until u actually get it and try 2 burn.
So i ordered (needed another drive anyway) a pioneer 215D (didnt see the lite scribe one)… i’m hoping this drive will burn the new media until theres firmware updates for my other 2…

Is there any tool that allows setting the new paramaters 2 burn this media? i use Dl media more & more and usually Verbatim but even they changed i try 2 grab the orange (not blue) boxed media they seem 2 burn better on my above 2 drives.

[QUOTE=RTShaw;2039971]Is there any tool that allows setting the new paramaters 2 burn this media?[/QUOTE]

You can use MCSE, with this utility you can add a new MID code and then assign some existing writing strategy for it.

[QUOTE=pepst;2040246]You can use MCSE, with this utility you can add a new MID code and then assign some existing writing strategy for it.[/QUOTE]

i thought i ciould but ran into a puzzle…
i purchased what i thought was the same DL media i was using (along with the Verbatim) DL i use…

But trying 2 burn the new media failed on all my drives. using
VSO inspector shows the media id as Ritek S04-042
But DVD identifier shows the media code as Ritek S04-066
if DVD identifier was correct all my burnerws should burn this media fine but
they don’t ever single burn fails. i have 2 50- DVD cakeBoxes of this DL media (4 video temp stuff) and the companies sending another 50 free.so of course i want 2 use the media…
So i’m considering adding the S04-042 inplace of the S04-066 and see if that corrects the problem. after i verify that VSO’s inspector is the correct entry.
theres cotta be a way of burning this media.
So far tried on my
TssTcorp SH-S203B SB03 firmware
Lite-on LH-201H LLOD firmware
and Pioneer DVR-215D
I stopped there, but i do have other burners i can try on like the Sony DRU-820A and a few more Lite-ons anda plextor 760A (i think thats the model)
But the 3 burners above i mentioned at least one of them should do a clean burn…
I’m not outta the hospital enough to be very familar wiuth MCE (or coherant long enough from these medications) but it seems pretty straight forward…So i will be using it tonight to see if i can rectify this problem. i know others ARE having the same problem…

thanks 4 the info and feedback…
i really appreciate it…

Ritek S04-42 found it. the Asus DRW-0214LIT 1.02 firmware burns this media… the memorex & Ridata & Some of the TDK DL uses this media…