What download software do u use?

I know there are many download software available on the market. But I donot know which one is the safest and fastest. cuz I do not want to waste time to try them one by one, so hope you could give me some suggestions. I need the information such as
How long does the software you suggested need to download a 2-hour long movie?
Thanks.

[QUOTE=Josiey;2679259]I know there are many download software available on the market. But I donot know which one is the safest and fastest. cuz I do not want to waste time to try them one by one, so hope you could give me some suggestions. I need the information such as
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Used Free download manager…that has worked well for me in IE and FF integration.

Thanks, I will try it.

I am not sure what you are asking but for regular website downloads the downloaders built into the chrome and firefox browsers are very good.
For any file of size that is big enough to take a few hours i would use Utorrent as its supper reliable and fast for downloading big files.

[QUOTE=Josiey;2679259]I know there are many download software available on the market. But I donot know which one is the safest and fastest. cuz I do not want to waste time to try them one by one, so hope you could give me some suggestions. I need the information such as
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think instead of looking for software solutions for heavy downloading, you should make sure you have a better Internet connection with high Bandwidth. Like Verizon FiOS or Google Fiber being the best, other Providers have faster speeds so look into these solutions. :cool:

[QUOTE=nayemworker;2680727]I use IDM for downloading files. Because it is very best download manager all over the world. So if you want to use it you will do that.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Based on what Facts??? It’s at best your opinion and without any empirical data to backup that is all hearsay…

[QUOTE=nayemworker;2680727]I use IDM for downloading files. Because it is very best download manager all over the world. So if you want to use it you will do that.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Also like to correct what your trying to sell. This isn’t free software and here is something you failed to mention. And FDM is free/shareware on the other hand.

[B]Note that you should stop using (uninstall) the trial version after 30 day trial period! If you want to continue using IDM, you must register to get full-featured IDM version.[/B]
Buy the full-featured Internet Download Manager TODAY from [B]Tonec Inc.[/B] for a [B]special price[/B] of $24.95 (instead of $29.95).

And a obvious hole this isn’t possible unless you have fiber internet and download speed is based on your internet service and doesn’t increase regardless of what they say.

(IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2679291]Used Free download manager…that has worked well for me in IE and FF integration.[/QUOTE]

Is this for free?

[QUOTE=annamwestall;2681946]Is this for free?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

Your download speed depends on the upload speed and connection @ the host’s side…you can use whatever program you want,but if the data @ the other end isn’t mirrored or linked to other webspace,your downloadspeed will still be dissapointing.
FDM and other downloadmanagers will only benefit you in the above mentioned case,but they won’t do magic if there’s a capped connection @ the host’s side…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=annamwestall;2681946]Is this for free?[/QUOTE]

yes, it is free and they also have support forum if you need to ask questions. But you have to be a registered free member to use it but it is free to register and use and ask for support.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2684078]Your download speed depends on the upload speed and connection @ the host’s side…you can use whatever program you want,but if the data @ the other end isn’t mirrored or linked to other webspace,your downloadspeed will still be dissapointing.
FDM and other downloadmanagers will only benefit you in the above mentioned case,but they won’t do magic if there’s a capped connection @ the host’s side…:)[/QUOTE]

True your download depends on the bandwidth and line qualities but remember Free Download manager suppor Resumes downloads. A big plus if you should ever get disconnected. So one shouldn’t just dismiss FDM because of the bandwidth downsides. This is why I use it should I ever shutdown my computer or use my laptop on another wifi I can resume my download and not worry about corrupt downloads.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2679291]Used Free download manager…that has worked well for me in IE and FF integration.[/QUOTE]

Will try this one out. I haven’t found anything like this that really works well. Most are just virus downloads from the net.