What does your name here mean?

vbimport

Everyone here has a user name here at cdfreaks, and many have a specific reason for choosing the name they did - wether it be random keystrokes, or a real meaning behind the name.

Mine:
xtacydima - two parts actually

1. xtacy - NO NOT THE DRUG, but actually for one of my favorite all time songs by DJ Boom Boom called Ecstacy which is also one of the first songs that turned me onto Techno/House music along with Space Frog’s - Follow Me song.
  2. dima - SIMPLE: My real name in my native country, and is my name in Russian, in English, it is Dmitry

So whats yours???
And don’t be afraid to give a small explaination like I did :stuck_out_tongue:

My own thread :bigsmile:

Well about 6 months ago my friend and I were going to play an internet game online together I he said that I had to have a nickname. So I chose $CyBeRwIz$, first it was Cyberwiz then CyBeRwIz and finally $CyBeRwIz$. It has nothing to do with me, except C, which is the start of my real name:p

Back when I was a kiddie (about 10 years old), house music got popular. By that time I chose my nickname: “Housebeast”. Some years later I found it to be quite cheap, so I changed it into “Housy”. As I didn’t like that either, I looked for a new name, and came up with “Dreadnought”. Although I liked that name. it was often to long to reg with. So from “Dreadnought” I went to “D-Nought” and from that I went to “DN”. When I regged here at CDFreaks, I felt like another name, so I chose “Dee-ehn”, as that’s the way “DN” is pronounced.

What it means? Euhh… it’s a very weird abbreviation of “Dreadnought”, which is the name of a ship. If I had to choose now, I’d have chosen a totally different name, but as everybody knows me with this name, I’ll stick to it :).

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]Back when I was a kiddie (about 10 years old), house music got popular. By that time I chose my nickname: “Housebeast”. Some years later I found it to be quite cheap, so I changed it into “Housy”. As I didn’t like that either, I looked for a new name, and came up with “Dreadnought”. Although I liked that name. it was often to long to reg with. So from “Dreadnought” I went to “D-Nought” and from that I went to “DN”. When I regged here at CDFreaks, I felt like another name, so I chose “Dee-ehn”, as that’s the way “DN” is pronounced.

What it means? Euhh… it’s a very weird abbreviation of “Dreadnought”, which is the name of a ship. If I had to choose now, I’d have chosen a totally different name, but as everybody knows me with this name, I’ll stick to it :). [/B]

I always call you dee-e-han…(as in han solo):slight_smile:

2 B honest…

I call ckin2001 skin2001

I call xtacydima Ecstactica(the game)

I call Hemispasm Hepispasm

I call Mr.Belvedere Mr.B( 'Sup Mr.B???)

I call FutureProof FP

I call cico seeco

I call Kenshin Keshin :cool: :bigsmile:

I call Smart@$$ smart at dollars dollars(just realised it says ‘ass’)

I call Namoh Na-Moe-Ah

arun_34
arun - my name
34 - jersey number on O`Neal ( famous nba los angeles lakers player )

:bigsmile:

What’s the Story behind your Nick?

My name is Chris and I guess I just put the “o” on the end for anything on a computer (high scores, user names etc).

My name doesn’t mean anything really.

EFlo: My first initial and the first three letters of my last name. When I was a freshman in high school, EFlo was said to be my gang name. People have also claimed that I am an in the closet Pearl Jam fan. [For those of you not familiar with Pearl Jam and/or their music, they have a song “Even Flow” which some people claim I shortened into EFlo].

UVA: I am a student at the University Of Virginia, though this is my last semester here. Only 3 months to go and I can’t wait to get out! :iagree:

It’s my nickname from school.

It’s what I drive :bigsmile:

no prizes for guessing what mine ‘means’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I went though the whole ‘Martial Arts Movie Phase’, watching any kick-ass movie I could get my hands on. I picked up ‘The One’, starring Jet Li, and LOVED IT!:D:D.

Anyways, I needed a new hotmail address, because my old one was too junkie. So I thought of a name up.

theone…taken.
theone1…taken
theone_1…taken
theone1_…not taken

So I stuck to that username for lots of my things (usernames, high-scores etc.). I guess it is like my computer/internet alias.

Though when telling my friends my email address (for MSN), they get the underscore (_) confused. LOL :smiley:

To ‘convey’. Seemed appropriate, not only in message boards, but in all parts of life.

Ivanhoe… From the works of Sir Walter Scott (1771-1832). This
happens to be my favourite book.
Incedently my first name is IVAN. but my mates calls me Ivan the
terrible.
Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

Well, guess this thread helped me learn something new today…the meaning of my name. Am I the only one that, at the age of 25, I still have not ever known or researched my name’s meaning? Well, I have better things to do with my time, LOL! Just kidding, this is a cool thread, well it taught me some thing at least, hehehe.

My username on here is based on my real name, and “Quiquo” really doesn’t mean anything. Ny real name is “Enrique”, and after researching the meaning, I found that it means: “Rey de la habitacion”, in Spanish…which translates as, “King of the Habitat”, or “King of the Household”. Everyone bow now, hehehe.

Laterz :cool:

well I was netid06 when I had netzero and a friend i was using aim with thought it was netdog06, so when I went to comcast high speed I just used that. And it fit really well!:smiley: Plus I could remember it:iagree:

I use my real name, don’t you guys?:confused:

The name was given to me by the wife when i got my first burner back in september last year:( and have never found out how to change it to some thing of my own choice:D

Mine is because I’ve always loved the name Seth.
I will probably name my first boy Seth.

I tried Seth one of the first times I ever registered for anything. Taken. Sseth. Taken. Ssseth, free! It’s stuck with me ever since :bigsmile: Plus I love the was those three little Sss’s look. Sometimes I’ll use just “Sss” or “-SsS-” as well.