What does the 'HD' stand for in 'DVDFab HD Decrypter'?

From what I’ve seen so far, DVDFab does not recognize HD-DVD or Blu-ray discs (or, at least, not any of the 40 or so that I’ve tried so far). This reality conflicts directly with the following quote (in bold) from the DVDFab web site:

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.0.8.5 (August 16, 2008)

DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-ray support (Removes AACS).

Now I understand that the HD version is a freebie and that this forum is more of a DVDFab lovefest than a technical support forum and that there’s some history to the HD support story and yada yada yada but, seriously, is ANYONE contending that DVDFab HD Decrypter can decrypt HD-DVD/Blu-ray?

When I was deciding which DVD ripper to purchase a couple of months ago, I tried a handful of free/pay solutions and narrowed the selection to AnyDVD and DVDFab. They both claimed to support HDM. Naively assuming feature parity, I went with DVDFab due to it’s ease of use (for SD’s, I like to rip the main title only and DVDFab does a beautiful job of making this simple). Shortly thereafter, I discovered that DVDFab does NOT do HD as claimed. Should I have done more research and/or tried to rip some HDs before pulling the trigger? Absolutely. Lesson learned.

Moral of the story: If you’re looking for a SD/HD rip solution, the choice between AnyDVD and DVDFab is a false choice - AnyDVD rips HD content, DVDFab does not. Period.

Well if you bothered to read a few threads you would have seen that FAB can read some of them and there are also post from the author of the program on this so before you make rash statements please read up some on it

DVDFab has a 30 day free trial, and the ripper is FREE.

It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-ray support (Removes AACS).

this was supposed to be changed, however must have been overlooked. sorry. :slight_smile:

this forum is more of a DVDFab lovefest than a technical support forum

this is the DVDFab forum, not other softwares. would you expect a Ford service center to recommend you to buy a Chrysler?

if you have a real problem there are members here that can help you.

Should I have done more research and/or tried to rip some HDs before pulling the trigger? Absolutely. Lesson learned.

yeah like trying your 40 HD-DVD or Blu-ray discs

the choice between AnyDVD and DVDFab is a false choice - AnyDVD rips HD content,

i can agree with the HD-DVD or Blu-ray solution. AnyDVD is the only program which has full support. :slight_smile:

but this is the DVDFab forum so lets try to keep this on topic. :slight_smile:

Please use our search function and you would have found many threads on this subject. This is from the latest Offical Version

• Please note: DVDFab doesn’t support HD-DVD and Blu-ray officially now, since it doesn’t work on some Blu-ray discs, which was just released or released by “20th Century Fox”. Please take this feature as free bonus, thanks for your understanding.
     The program is free and the author should be applauded for trying to give the people something for free. It works perfectly with regular DVDs, but right now the HD, Bluray feature is still in R&D. Thankyou for understanding. I will close this thread now as there are many others that cover the same topic.