What does PAPA stand for or mean?

vbimport

Stupid question, but it’s bugging me cuz I don’t know, LOL. I’ve seen ppl say “PAPA Verbatims” and similar on the board. Please do not reply with Father or Dad, LOL.

“PAPA Verbatims” are made by CMC; these are a type of Verbatim 16x DVD+R, “PAPA” is the beginning of the stamped serial in the hub.

P = Plus (DVD+R)
A = Azo dye (MCC discs use Azo dye)
P = 16x speed
A = Production site A (is located in Taiwan; Verbatim 16x DVD+R also made in Mainland China site N = PAPN or Taiwanese site 6 = PAP6 these have a bad reputation)

Great, thanks alot for all that great info! I love this board!

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2017122]“PAPA Verbatims” are made by CMC; these are a type of Verbatim 16x DVD+R, “PAPA” is the beginning of the stamped serial in the hub.

P = Plus (DVD+R)
A = Azo dye (MCC discs use Azo dye)
P = 16x speed
A = Production site A (is located in Taiwan; Verbatim 16x DVD+R also made in Mainland China site N = PAPN or Taiwanese site 6 = PAP6 these have a bad reputation)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Info kg_evilboy :slight_smile:
and I just got [B]MAP7[/B] :confused: ( Verb DVD-R 16X MCC 03RG20 ) 100 disc spindle from Micro Center

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2017213]Thanks for the Info kg_evilboy :slight_smile:
and I just got [B]MAP7[/B] ( Verb DVD-R 16X MCC 03RG20 ) 100 disc spindle from Micro Center[/QUOTE]7=India?

[QUOTE=Bob;2017214]7=India?[/QUOTE]

MIT ( 3 white foam spacer on top )
I post scan Tonight ( PIO 115D v1.18 )

[QUOTE=Bob;2017214]7=India?[/QUOTE]MBI does not have CMC-style serials, they have their own system.

It is CMC plant 7 in Taiwan then…

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2017266]MBI does not have CMC-style serials, they have their own system.

It is CMC plant 7 in Taiwan then…[/QUOTE]Thanks evilboy :slight_smile:

Imagine a cdfreak who loves PAPA Verbatims and then they are all gone and he is left with PAP6/PAP7 , he goes to streets crying and yelling :

[B]I want my PAPA back [/B] :bigsmile:

Seriously though , PAPA Vebatims seems to be of excellent quality and very consistent spindle to spindle and disc to disc . We have lots of them here in Radioshack Egypt (MCC004 PAPA 2004 DLP) and although they are little bit more expensive than Panasonic TYG03 (excellent media BTW;)) , I will get as much as I can next week :clap:

I got more than 10 50disc spindles ( [B]PAPA New Packaging[/B] ) only two spindles are good others are bad PAPA…sigh :sad:
and 4 100disc spindles are [B]PAP6[/B] ( New Packaging ) :sad:
and here is Verb DVD-R 16X [B]MCC 03RG20[/B] 100 disc spindle from Micro Center Today [B]MAP7[/B] ( New Packaging )

Verbatim DVD-R 16X ( [B]MCC 03RG20[/B] ) 100 disc spindle from Micro Center :Z [B]MAP7[/B]
PIO 115D v1.18…Nero CD/DVD Speed 4.7.7.15…Burn Speed 16X

Now how did I know you were going to say that. :bigsmile:http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-burn-quality-hall-fame-239694/#post2005087

[QUOTE=jcusimano2;2017575]Now how did I know you were going to say that. :bigsmile:http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-burn-quality-hall-fame-239694/#post2005087[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile:

I like Verbatim alot , but in my experience , consistency is a big issue with MCC these days .
Add to that outsourcing to India , newer packages are mostly bad and even TY acts badly when Verbatim branded :wink:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2017306]Imagine a cdfreak who loves PAPA Verbatims and then they are all gone and he is left with PAP6/PAP7 , he goes to streets crying and yelling :

[B]I want my PAPA back [/B] :bigsmile:[/QUOTE] LOL:)

A friend of mine had a 30 pack of Verbatim Lightscribe DVD+R 16x that he had no use for and gave 'em to me the other day, they’re MCC 004 and also PAPA, yay. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Robert De Niro;2080688]A friend of mine had a 30 pack of Verbatim Lightscribe DVD+R 16x that he had no use for and gave 'em to me the other day, they’re MCC 004 and also PAPA, yay. :D[/QUOTE]

Lucky man. :stuck_out_tongue: