What does NMBgMonitor.exe do

I see it is loaded under my current user windows run environment. I like to have windows start as lean as possible but I don’t like deleting things that I might want.

Can someone tell me what this does?

Thanks

Sorry - I just noticed NMFirstStart.exe and NMindexStoreSvr.exe - I’m OK with them starting once I need to use Nero but I don’t use nero ever time I turn my computer on. If there is a way around this or if they are only used for parts of nero I don’t use then I’d be happy to remove them.

Thanks

NMFirstStart.exe is related to Nero Scout that is installed with Nero 7 CD\DVD burning software. This is a non-essential program and may slow down the performance of your computer. You can safely disable it by disabling Nero Scout

Thanks - I just downloaded Nero7.5 I’ll see if there is an easy way to not enable it on startup.

I believe you have the option not to install Nero Scout during the installation.
You might need to uncheck the option for it.

[B]TIP:[/B]

To completely remove Nero Scout and to remove the Nero Scout icon in My Computer, do this:

1. click Start button.
  2. click Run.
  3. enter the below string in the Run dialog and press the OK button.

regsvr32 /u “%commonprogramfiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll”

sorry to hijack this thread.

I’m trying to completely remove nero scout and all related processes from my computer, but am having probs.

I did what Ulysses said and also double-clicked on the My Computer icon. Right-clicked on the Nero Scout icon and chose Options. Then unchecked the options for Enable Nero Scout and rebooted. Now when my comp boots I have the following processes running:

[B]nmbgmonitor.exe
nmindexstoresvr.exe[/B]

which are part of nero scout. Does anyone know how to prevent these procs from loading when my comp boots?

Thx.

Try to go to menu Start and select Run. Type [B]msconfig[/B] and go to [B]Startup[/B] tab.

See if here there is something related to Nero Scout and uncheck it. Reboot to make changes effective.

Here I had the same problem apeared just after instaltion OS XP, I tried all that you can imagen, finaly i creat a new user & delet the old one this messege never appers any more , good luck

First I ran this (Start -> Run):
[B]regsvr32 /u “%commonprogramfiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll”[/B]

Then I went to services (Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services) and disabled [B]nmindexstoresvr.exe[/B] and stopped the service.

Then I went to regedit (Start -> Run, then type [B]regedit[/B]) and went here: [B]HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run[/B] and deleted the string with [B]nmbgmonitor.exe[/B] in it.

So now it’s clean. Kind of a pain, but much less than the pauses and delays that I had been experiencing.

YMMV
Tom<!-- google_ad_section_end -->