What does "mobile encoding" mean?

That may be a stupid question, but I occasionally run into such things that seem to have not existed, then came about and the meaning was explained once, and then everybody was supposed to know exactly what it was.

There are two versions of DVD Rebuilder Pro. One has “Mobile Encoding Additions” and one doesn’t. What’s the difference? “Mobile” means movable or capable of movement, but I can’t figure out how that relates to DVD Rebuilder. If it by chance refers to the ability to encode using external programs, there’s certainly nothing mobile about that.

Thanks for your help. :doh:

[quote=larc919;2219637]That may be a stupid question, but I occasionally run into such things that seem to have not existed, then came about and the meaning was explained once, and then everybody was supposed to know exactly what it was.

There are two versions of DVD Rebuilder Pro. One has “Mobile Encoding Additions” and one doesn’t. What’s the difference? “Mobile” means movable or capable of movement, but I can’t figure out how that relates to DVD Rebuilder. If it by chance refers to the ability to encode using external programs, there’s certainly nothing mobile about that.

Thanks for your help. :doh:[/quote]
I think they are referring to encoding to a Mobile device like an IPOD. But I might be wrong LOL.:wink:

Thanks, Alan. I just found a reference to that in DVD Rebuilder, so I think you’re right. I had already installed the larger version with mobile encoding additions, which ability I have absolutely no need for. But it’s only about 3MB larger than the standard version, so no problem.

Glad I could help larc919.:wink: