What does it mean to emulate, amplify and ignore weak sectors?

vbimport

1. What is the difference between “Emulate weak sectors”, “Amplify weak sectors” and “Ignore weak sectors”?

2. What should I select if my burner DOES write correct EFM patterns?

lol - i want to know toooo … can someone reply?

No problem:)

Emulate Weak Sectors - Used for drives (0 or 1 sheep normally, but this changes with newer SafeDisc) which if this option is selected, you must enable Hide CDR Media in the CloneCD Tray.

Amplify Weak Sectors - Used for drives (0 or 1 sheep normally, but this changes with newer SafeDisc) that cannot write regular bit patterns very well. AWS tries to help along the burner by Amplifying the weak sectors.

Ignore Weak Sectors - Used for 2 sheep drives (drives that can write regular bit patterns). This will write the weak sectors in it’s full form. It basically Ignores any special needs for the sectors.

If your writer can write regular bit patterns, then Ignore Weak Sectors is your best bet. Please note that this only applies to the SafeDisc protection, and that the Newer versions of SafeDisc (3.15,3.20,4.00) have made it much more difficuly to get a good copy without any special techniques.

Good Luck:)

Thanks a lot, $CyBeRwIz$!

thanks $CyBeRwIz$ - do you know where i can find any technical information on how they “amplify” weak sectors?

Omg thx Never knew that