What does "almost copies EFM correctly" precisely mean?

vbimport

I have a Plextor 24X CD-Writer. Olli says that it almost copies EFM correctly. Olli also says that the LITE-ON does copy EFM correctly.

What does "almost copies EFM correctly" precisely mean?

What does this mean for me? What can the Lite-On copy that the Plextor can not copy? Is it SD 2.51 or what?

Thanks!

BTW when Olli moved his business, why did he choose Switzerland over some tropical paradise like Tahiti? Does the DMCA already extend to Polynesia?

whitetie
:slight_smile:

well tha lite-on 24x10x40 (24102b) tha drive that i have dont need to use AWS (amplify weak sectors) to make a working backup of safe disk v2 (v2.51.021) (i.e. MOHAA) where tha plextor 24x does need to use AWS for it to work.

that should help ya :slight_smile:

Originally posted by whitetie
[B]…What does “almost copies EFM correctly” precisely mean?

What does this mean for me? What can the Lite-On copy that the Plextor can not copy? Is it SD 2.51 or what?

BTW when Olli moved his business, why did he choose Switzerland over some tropical paradise like Tahiti? Does the DMCA already extend to Polynesia?[/B]
…up to SD 2.51.020

.021+ requires Amplify Weak Sectors. For you? Just use the default profiles - that’s all. Or you can choose to have AWS enabled for 2.51.020 and below or enabled for above :wink:

If I’m right:

Almost correct: could make working SD2 backups of all versions lower than v2.51.xxx without the need of aws. 2.51.xxx requires aws to be enabled.

correct: could make working SD2 backups of all SD2 versions up to SD 2.51.021 without aws.

Originally posted by whitetie
[B]
BTW when Olli moved his business, why did he choose Switzerland over some tropical paradise like Tahiti? Does the DMCA already extend to Polynesia?

whitetie
:slight_smile: [/B]

Because I can drive in 3-4 hours from elby Germany to elby Switzerland.
Nothing against Tahiti, but it is simply too far away.

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Because I can drive in 3-4 hours from elby Germany to elby Switzerland.
Nothing against Tahiti, but it is simply too far away. [/B]

May be it is also for tax reasons…

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

time for a private jet :wink:

What version of SD does GTA3 have? I’ve successfully made a copy of GTA3 using my Plextor 8x20x without using AWS…

Originally posted by Vertigo
What version of SD does GTA3 have? I’ve successfully made a copy of GTA3 using my Plextor 8x20x without using AWS…
Great! You must’ve disabled AWS in the burner window as well as unchecking it in the burn profile, yeah?

You have the PX-R820 - SCSI FW >=1.07 ?

correct: could make working SD2 backups of all SD2 versions up to SD 2.51.021 without aws.

SD 2.60.xxx should also work, at least it does work with LiteOn 32x and 40x.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
…could make working SD2 backups of all SD2 versions up to SD 2.51.021 without aws.
No. One sheep is good to 2.51.020 Tiger Woods Golf, for example. Two sheep or one sheep + AWS needed for .021 MOHAA, for example.

My Acer1610A, one sheep, will cut TWG .020 but not MOHAA .021
My ASUS 1610A, (should be two sheep) will cut both

I feel strange talking about sheep, we have lots here but the Kiwis love them, I think it’s a 100 000 sheep for every person there :wink:

I feel strange talking about sheep, we have lots here but the Kiwis love them, I think it’s a 100 000 sheep for every person there

Me hears heaps about New Zealander’s “doing” a bit more than loving them here… :eek: :Z :smiley:

Yes, I’ve got the PX-R820 - SCSI…

However, I’m using the 1.08 firmware… And all seems to be well? So GTA3 uses a less advanced application of SD2 than MOHAA?? I haven’t tried copying that game yet, but you’re saying that I will have problems with it, even if I can copy GTA3 just fine without extras (aws, bb, etc.)?

Originally posted by FutureProof

I feel strange talking about sheep, we have lots here but the Kiwis love them, I think it’s a 100 000 sheep for every person there :wink: [/B]…

I love sheep in my stove…
… visit the Netherlands, they got more cows than humans there and very good “gras”…

(Living in Bavaria is terrible, only beer, beer and beer and beer)

Kind Regards, sven

Originally posted by Vertigo
[B]Yes, I’ve got the PX-R820 - SCSI…

However, I’m using the 1.08 firmware… And all seems to be well? So GTA3 uses a less advanced application of SD2 than MOHAA?? I haven’t tried copying that game yet, but you’re saying that I will have problems with it, even if I can copy GTA3 just fine without extras (aws, bb, etc.)? [/B]
AWS is “Allowed” for this writer in the burner properties (right click). If you use the default profile, AWS will be checked. Maybe GTA3 does “uses a less advanced application of SD2 than MOHAA” but I’m not convinced. Your writer is like the early Philips SCSI model where some owners reported success without AWS - there are a few but not many. Most can’t.

I most definitely did not use the default settings, which leads me to believe that I’m one of the lucky ones that has a Plexy that burns the new SD correctly… swank! :wink:

I’d like to put this in layman’s terms for practical purposes for those who have one of these “Writes EFM almost correctly” cd burner’s (as i did up until 2 days ago when I purchased a new 32x cd burner (Memorex 32 Maxx) which has a “2 sheep” rating for buffer underrun and “2 sheep” rating for the EFM write capability).

I did lots o research trying to backup my sd 2.51 protected games after my backups froze at the splash screen, and this was because I only had a burner that “writes EFM almost correctly” my backup copies would freeze at the splash screen and go no further. The solution for me was to run the latest Daemon-Tools which would allow the copy to work properly and get past the splash screen. Once I tried to burn a backup copy with the new burner which does write EFM correctly, the copy worked properly and didn’t require daemon tools to run.

Also, I’d like to mention that although I’ve seen lots of posts telling people to change their write settings when writing from the image file to 4x I used 32x and it still worked fine.

Regards, and Praised be the Sheep!!!

Zeograz