What Do You Use in Combination With AnyDVD?

vbimport

AnyDVD 5953 + Nero Recode + Nero to burn = Success!

Why use other decrypters and things like VobBlanker when the above combination is so simple and succesful?

People seem to want to make the dvd copying process so complicated…Why?

people have different preferences.

i use anydvd and clonedvd2 and could say the same thing to you…why use recode when it’s so poorly supported and anydvd and clonedvd are made to work together…why makes things more complicated and introduce the possibility of mistakes?

I’m not saying the only choice is anydvd and clonedvd2. I’m just trying to point out that peopl ehave different preferences and it’s not really your place to criticize those preferences.

a BIG reason that people like to make things more complicated is that they do not want to pay. that’s probably the major motivating factor.

other than that you can pick any program and there will be someone to defend that program despite whatever flaws it may or may not have…

anydvd & clonedvd2 = THE BEST

I use a variety of programs just to know how they work and capable of. Any DVD always though.

I use DVDFab Decrypter with DVD Shrink and Nero Express or DVD Decrypter to burn. All “Free” programs. I have tried Recode on its best “two pass” setting to compress and the quality is far from that of DVDShrink on its fastest settings. I would question why you would use Recode?

Nero Recode is a nice program, but lacks features found in other DVD processing software.
Unfortunatly, there is no “do everything” alternative availabale at this time.
I like my menus, so Clone is my first approach when I make my backups. It doesn’t do everything I want, but comes closer than Recode.
You have to use VobBlanker to appreciate what it can do, but once you see it’s capabilities, you might get hooked.
And finally, there are times, that I burn my finished file with Recode. If I am trying to squeeze a lot on a SL disk, I will use it because of the 2 pass approach that it uses. It is not extraordianarily better than Clone, but perhaps a bit better when the quality drops into the 70% range.
Of course, this is just my opinion. :slight_smile:

Hmmm… I’d say 90% of the time, I still use solely DVDShrink (which automagically calls the Nero Burning ROM). That’s pretty simple. I’ve checked out AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, but does it do compression as good as DVDShrink? DVDShrink still does a very fine job compressing a DVD-9 disc into a DVD-5 disc…especially when you choose the “Perform deep analysis” and “compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation” options.

The times when DVDShrink doesn’t work, due to ARccOS or other reasons, I might use DVDDecrypter. Just for fun, I’ll use VOBBlanker to remove some of the unwanted data and then MenuShink (awesome program) to compress the menu down to still frames. Frequently, I can compress a DVD-9 disc down to DVD-5 without lowering the main movie quality by simply trimming out all the non-feature-film extras.

Complicated? Not really. It’s a hobby and it’s fun for me.

I agree. Why else would some of us own 10 or more burners. “It’s Fun!” :slight_smile:

AnyDVD + DVDDecrypter to copy DVD on HD

DVDRemake to remove extras & trailers

DVDRebuilder in order to transform a DVD9 to DVD5

WinDivX

Clonedvd and sometimes dvdshrink.

I use DVD-Rebuilder. It can do most of the functions of the other programs out there and is always updated. It does take quite some time if you use CCE, the quality is fantastic and IMO well worth the time. If you want a fast backup, you can use ReJig to transcode instead of CCE to encode. It has menu shrinking capabilities and can remove unwanted extras. IMO DVD-RB :bow: with AnyDVD :bow: is a fantastic combination and for me, it can’t be beaten! :cool:

CloneDVD2, Menu Shrink. Sometimes DVD Rebuilder Professional Edition. Alway use CopytoDVD to burn.

I use AnyDVD, CloneDVD (to remove unwanted audio/subtitles and extract the main movie), and then avi.net to make a DivX/XviD backup. Cheetah DVD Burner to Burn.

AnyDVD is always guaranteed for me in all the methods I use.

Anything above 75-80% compression I use CloneDVD to compress and CopytoDVD to burn.

If it’s not a movie I care TOO much about and compression is lower than 75% or so, I might use DVD-RB Pro to keep it on a SL disc. Again I use CopyToDVD to burn.

Otherwise if it’s a movie I care about quality I’ll just use CloneCD to make a 1:1 copy to a DL disc.

Not complicated at all…it’s rather easy, tbh.

AnyDVD and CloneDVD2
Never had any problems with backing up any DVD, even the newest release’s. I have a 52" TV and i can not see any differences in quality from the original as long as i keep my backups higher than 75% compression. I do have to say i only backup the movie part of a DVD movie.

AnyDVD and CloneDVD are a great combo but…
If the movie is really long and you don’t want to compress the heck out of it, what software can be used to span 4.7 GB discs?

See bolded text for answer. :slight_smile:

CloneDVD and split the movie on two 4.7 GB DVD´s or burn to one 8.5 GB DVD DL :smiley:

AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

I also play with Shrink and DVD Decrypter when the mood takes me…

I use AnyDVD, CloneDVD (to remove unwanted audio/subtitles and extract the main movie), and then avi.net to make a DivX/XviD backup. Cheetah DVD Burner to Burn www.cheetahburner.com ; a really great program.