What do you use for copying Dual Layer DVD's?

vbimport

I used to use Dvd Shrink with Dvd Decrypter … and also with Anydvd installed. but both shrink and decrypter are discontinued. So what do you guys use now to compress 8gb backup movies and such?

[QUOTE=eijiyuki;2079157]I used to use Dvd Shrink with Dvd Decrypter … and also with Anydvd installed. but both shrink and decrypter are discontinued. So what do you guys use now to compress 8gb backup movies and such?[/QUOTE]

There is CloneDVD that will compress dvd9 to dvd5 also dvdfab plat will compress as well. They both have trial periods after which you have to purchase the key to keep using them. I think either one will work for you it’s depends on what your willing to spend and which package you want.

I use DVDFab Platinum myself. :iagree:

I use dvdfab but if you have anydvd then you can still use shrink with anydvd running in the background because anydvd is still updated and can handle the copy protections that dvdshrink cannot handle. If dvdshrink not work while anydvd is running then just rip to hdd and then open the file with shrink so you can compress it to a dvd5 disc. Then you can burn using nero or another burn engine.

I use DVDFab + DVDShrink but if something is worth the quality I simply use Dual Layer media and then it doesnt really matter what software you use unless its got some recent protection

[QUOTE=getit29;2079883]I use DVDFab Platinum myself. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Same here. I use Clone Mode and it works for me every time. :wink:

[QUOTE=eijiyuki;2079157]I used to use Dvd Shrink with Dvd Decrypter … and also with Anydvd installed. but both shrink and decrypter are discontinued. So what do you guys use now to compress 8gb backup movies and such?[/QUOTE]

You have all the tools you need. Actually one too many.
You use AnyDVD to rip to HD and Shrink to do the rest. Shrink will not rip any more, but will still compress and remove parts of DVD you do not want.

My usage I have both dvdfab plat and anydvd, clonecd, clonedvd, clonedvdmobile…but I use anydvd with clonecd to do DL media. I just have the other there as backup to use when I am just using SL media.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2080016]My usage I have both dvdfab plat and anydvd, clonecd, clonedvd, clonedvdmobile…but I use anydvd with clonecd to do DL media. I just have the other there as backup to use when I am just using SL media.[/QUOTE]

I do use a different combination, but what is the difference between SL and DL, beside the size, for not using AnyDVD on both.
No argument, just question.

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2080029]I do use a different combination, but what is the difference between SL and DL, beside the size, for not using AnyDVD on both.
No argument, just question.[/QUOTE]

You lost me there on the Anydvd both question?? Plus Dvdfab doesn’t use Anydvd in it’s version it tells to disable Anydvd so it will not interfer with Dvdfab when you run it. For DVDs you own that aren’t protected clonecd and clonedvd will work to backup those media but Anydvd comes into play for protected DVD that won’t allow you to backup your dvd media protecting the originals from damage and costly rebuying the media. And Anydvd is run when my windows desktop bootsup without having to run it, just have to either use clonecd or clonedvd to do the next process.