What do you think of Wireless LAN?

vbimport

Hey there people.
I would like to see what people think of Wireless LAN. Personally i think it is SHIT! The bandwith of it is only 11mbps! which is very very poor! Also it is easy to hack into and also can be corrupted very easily. If you go to a access point of a Wireless LAN with a Blue Tooth device and transmit it will corrupt the network. This is because they use the same frequency! Also they are easy to intercept then all u have to do is crack the password! You are limited to about 50 users because of the bandwith which makes it even worse! Please post what you think and what needs to be done!
Cheers
ChicaneWeaver
:):):slight_smile:
(Network GURU)

well… just for starters its to f*ing expensive. basically the cheapest station you can buy still costs £150 and the PCMCIA cards are 70… plus a PCI adapter… 30… so that’s wait… £250 and that is in distribution channels… when I could run a bit of cat5 which will cost me all of about £1.

and run it at 100Mb in stead of crappy 11Mb.

Chicaneweaver, you’re right - it is shit, but it is new technology and it hasn’t been developed to a stage where it is commonplace and secure… give it another 6 months and we will see improved products on the market…

patience is a virutue. chill my man.

Yeah, there is still lots more development to do!!! But people like Cisco should just jump and go straight to 100MBPS y bother with all the others??? In the UK also you are not allowed to have very high power to transmit your single this is because of the government! AHHHHHH i f***ing hate the UK government! Also imagine if everything went wireless? Imagine all the kind of cool info u could pull out of the sky!
Cheers
ChicaneWeaver

I don’t know if you read the mainpage but there is an article on it about this. Conlusion it is NOT save at all.

Yep i have read it and ues i do agree! Also one more bit of BAD info, the range that it can cover is only 30cm3 Sphericaly. SO a ball of 30cm3!!!
HOW SHIT!
Cheers
ChicaneWeaver