What do you think of this PC build?

I’m ready to build my own pc and would like some help. What do you think of these components, and will they all work together?

from newegg.

XCLIO A380BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-460-PMSR-A3 460W ATX12V V2.3 Power Supply - Retail

CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Desktop Memory Model VS2GBKIT667D2 - Retail

JetWay J775GT2-LOG LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E2180 - Retail

LG ELECTRONICS GH22LS30

totals 371.24$ usd with shipping

i also need a video card, i dont want to spend more than 100$ on it, any suggestions?
-preferably from newegg

Hi and Welcome![quote=SWC_Man;2166310]I’m ready to build my own pc and would like some help.[/quote]What do you want this computer for?

What do you think of these components, and will they all work together?

from newegg.

XCLIO A380BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

So you love daily polishing and dustwiping?

JetWay J775GT2-LOG LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

i also need a video card, i dont want to spend more than 100$ on it, any suggestions?
In that case, the motherboard does not fit your needs. A budget VGA card in combination with a SLI motherboard is not a good idea.

Assuming you want a budget computer which is good enough for Office, Internet and multimedia, I’d suggest some AMD 780 based motherboard with integrated video together with an Athlon X2 CPU. Should be cheaper with the same performance. And if you want, you can add a more powerful VGA card later.

Michael

itll be for everything but mostly gaming

if i change the motherboard and cpu, would there be anything else that needs to change?

for the graphics card, i was looking at the HIS RADEON HD 3870 IceQ 3 512MB Graphic Card

it will be hooked up to my TV

[quote=SWC_Man;2166333]
if i change the motherboard and cpu, would there be anything else that needs to change?[/quote]RAM should be PC-800 with AMD.

for the graphics card, i was looking at the HIS RADEON HD 3870 IceQ 3 512MB Graphic Card

I have no idea if a Radeon 4670 is faster.
But in general, Radeon cards should work perfectly with AMD chipset mainboards.

Michael

Better in all ways (yes, its roughly 30$ more expensive)
//Danne

what about these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103210

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135075

and would ddr2 1066 or ddr2 800 be better for ram?

Wouldn’t touch an ECS board but it’s your choice, I’ll cross my fingers and hope that it at least works…
//Danne

[quote=swc_man;2166370]
and would ddr2 1066 or ddr2 800 be better for ram?[/quote]ddr2-800.

[QUOTE=SWC_Man;2166370]what about these

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103210

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135075

and would ddr2 1066 or ddr2 800 be better for ram?[/QUOTE]
DiiZzy already has that CPU in his list.
OK, I bit my tongue when you had that Jetway up there, but an ECS ???
IOW, they are both very low end boards as compared to what’s being suggested and what’s available.
A Gigabyte 780G based board would be a good one also.

Remember that with a 780G based board you will get a decent IGP, so you could put off buying a discrete graphics card until the budget healed up.

ive got a very similar configuration to the picture, could you suggest a cheaper motherboard and graphics card closer to 100$ usd, that would be very helpful thanks everyone for your help

No I can’t…
Reason: Don’t buy crap/stuff that isn’t suitable for your needs and I honestly don’t see the point in “saving” 17$ on a half as large HDD with older technology.
Your first build would end up somewhere around 470-ish with shipping, so now you’re going to butcher a perfectly fine “gaming build” to save like 40-50 bucks? While I do understand that you want to save money but at least understand that hardware costs…

@ jflan
I would (too) personally go for Gigabyte (S2H) but apparently we’re going to save on everything we can so I guess it’s not up for suggestion :wink:
//Danne

its not saving the money, i just dont have enough money to purchase it. 320gb is plenty of space for me, i dont want to waste 17$ on space i will never use

i suppose i can keep the motherboard but i cant spend so much on the graphics card

im going to search for a good enough card, i like the HIS Radeon HD cards with dvi and s-video out

thanks everyone

i think i have decided on what i will be purchasing, but any last words?

and… just to double check, am i missing anyting?

thanks to everyone, youve all been very helpful

and only 15$ shipping… : )

SWC

This is from post #9 in case you didn’t see it :

[B]“Remember that with a 780G based board you will get a decent *IGP, so you could put off buying a discrete graphics card until the budget healed up.”[/B]

*IGP
Integtated Graphics Processor (aka on-board graphics)

This will free up the budget a bit and perhaps allow the purchase of a decent motherboard, and get the project going will quality components.

yes i saw, but i dont want to put anything off.
i want to play games as soon as i get it put together and install an os

what do you think of the card selected?

i think it will perform quite nicely, the pc i currently play on is a piece of rubbish.

the best game i can get to play on it is Fable tlc.

GeForce FX 5200… not so good

and 256mb ram, i cant remember much of it but it should be recycled asap.

Get a 4830 for the video card, $95 AR
POWERCOLOR AX4830 512MD3-H Radeon HD 4830 512MB

i do like that one, but it has no s-video, which is what i am using to plug into my tv at the moment, and i will later use a dvi-hdmi adapter that should come with the part i have ordered, when i upgrade my tv with my next few paychecks.

i have purchased the same as the image i posted above, with two changes

i switched the DVD drive out for an LG with free shipping
and i changed the case for a more stylish model with free shipping.

thanks to everybody for your help, i think i chose the right site to come beggin for it

your local noob
-SWC_Man

[quote=SWC_Man;2166804]
i have purchased the same as the image i posted above, with two changes

i switched the DVD drive out for an LG with free shipping
[/quote]LG GH20 series would be the better choice. Seriously.

Michael

well its too late now, ive already ordered all the parts

this is my firs dvd burner so i think itll be fine for me, it came with free shipping and got lots of great reviews, so ill be satisfied with it