What do you think of these scans?

vbimport

Verbatim 8cm discs for Gamecube backups.

Opinions?

(More to come)

General Information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H
Firmware: LL0D
Disc: DVD-R (MCC 01RG20 )
Selected speed: 4 X
PI errors
Maximum: 25
Average: 11.59
Total: 43579
PI failures
Maximum: 4
Average: 0.11
Total: 717
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 4:40

One thing I’m not keen on is the spike at the end. It was 93 all along until that last bit where it dropped to 90.
Number of samples: 36214
Average scanning interval: 1.23 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

Next one…

(Looks better)

General Information
PI errors
Maximum: 24
Average: 9.26
Total: 33570
PI failures
Maximum: 2
Average: 0.03
Total: 190
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 4:40
Number of samples: 35933
Average scanning interval: 1.24 ECC

Not to shabby at all :clap:…definitely better than those Traxdatas or whatever you had before :wink:

But the ultimate test - can you play them without error? :wink:

First question - why don’t you scan jitter too? If you want to evaluate quality as much as you can with your current setup, not enabling jitter is a mistake.

Also, why are your scans cut off etc? Are you using the save function in cdspeed?

Scans look decent to me. GC backups?

Me thinks Groovemeister didn’t use CD-Speeds save option (click little floppy icon, save as .png), which would have saved the whole window with all the stats info on it…

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2039191]First question - why don’t you scan jitter too? If you want to evaluate quality as much as you can with your current setup, not enabling jitter is a mistake.

Also, why are your scans cut off etc? Are you using the save function in cdspeed?

Scans look decent to me. GC backups?[/QUOTE]Because I have no idea what jitter is. :s

Could you fill me in?

[QUOTE=Arachne;2039198]Me thinks Groovemeister didn’t use CD-Speeds save option (click little floppy icon, save as .png), which would have saved the whole window with all the stats info on it…[/QUOTE]Well this is the thing… I did. :confused:

I thought it was weird too. It’s like it’s taken a full screen shot (on the TV downstairs with the Litey drive - SUPER low res @ 640x480.

Next one. Looking good.

The jitter is ticked, so how does it ‘not show jitter’? Can I ask what it is?

As for not fitting the screen properly, happens all the time on this PC. How odd that it even shows the taskbar. :confused:

General Information
PI errors
Maximum: 27
Average: 12.81
Total: 50085
PI failures
Maximum: 2
Average: 0.04
Total: 235
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 4:39
Number of samples: 38674
Average scanning interval: 1.15 ECC

You need a newer version of CD-DVD Speed I think, which should give you a little “Advanced” button - click the jitter box in there :slight_smile:

www.cdspeed2000.com

Do what Arachne said. Perhaps using the newer cdspeed will also save your pictures better too.