What do you think is the best format for movies? DVD-R or DVD+R?

So what ya think?

The DVD consortium and -R fans would tell you that -R is most compatable with older players, but many people are reporting that +R is more compatable. My “old” JVC player does not support any recordable discs, but will play +R (and only +R) very well.

Moved to the hardware forum, as it does not really seem like a media topic.

After copying about 35 films now, i can’t seem to find any difference between the 2. Both foramts play on all my players and my hitachi says it only supports -R…

There are obviously exceptions otherwise they wouldn’t have done it this way but for 99% of the time it really doesn’t matter. Just my opinion of course but i use -R media because they are cheaper.

i’m not sure i understand the point of this question. neither would be “best” for burning dvd movies; it’s just a matter of which type of disc ur hardware supports.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
i’m not sure i understand the point of this question. neither would be “best” for burning dvd movies; it’s just a matter of which type of disc ur hardware supports.

That’s very true. As always, it’s a combination of burning hardware , used media, playing hardware and used firmwares…

Some players prefer DVD-R, others DVD+R, some only RW discs, some no writables etc etc etc…

If you want good advice on this, be sure to check the hardware compatibility list @ http://www.dvdrhelp.com

Yes it all depends on writer and DVD-player.

Personally I prefer DVD+R as I feel that the overall disc quality is better for DVD+R…probably since there is not many low quality 4X DVD+R disc manufacturers…