What do you think about this PSU

Hi to all forum members and masters…

I like to post these especifications for this PSU…

CODEGEN
350W
Model: 200XA1

+3.3V: 20A
+5V: 30A
+12V: 12a
+5 vsb: 2A
-5V 0.5 A
-12V: 0.8A

Mi friend is using a Pentium 4 of 2.26 GHZ,
MSI mobo P4MAM2V,
memory 512MB DDR266,
80GB HDD Western Digital,
XFX Nvidia GEFORCE MX4000 AGP 8X 64MB DDR.
17" inch AOC Flat Monitor…

I thought that maybe his +12V, +5V, -5V rails are too low for a CPU like that… so if any of you can help me I aprecciate it!

Codegen is far from good but I guess it should work, although I would recommend you to get a FSP PSU instead.
//Danne

I know many people which are using 300W Codegen PSU with even more powerful systems (like 2.66, 2.8 GHz Pentium 4 Prescott), and everything works fine. But Codegen PSU’s are of very poor quality, and I have seen a lot of these PSU’s were dying after 2-3 years.

What price? Whats your budget?
Maybe a better PSU for similar or better price can be suggested here!!!

+12V: 12a

way too low but his system is fairly old

Wouldn’t be up to powering any graphics card that needed a power feed, but the power level of an MX4000 is probably demonstarated by the fact that it could quite likely be fanless.

12A at 12v is very low for current generation systems, where both the CPU and graphics may make considerable demands on it.

I don’t have much experience with PSUs, but everywhere I’ve read Codegen is universally recognized to be crap.
Quality is important in PSUs. Any PSU can fail, but with super-cheap ones you have no warranty that yours won’t do it in a way that applies mains voltage to your mainboard.