What do you think about these results?

I bought a new burner a couple of days ago and now I’m wondering if I made a right decision. So are these results good, bad or average? :confused:

Type: Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL
Burned at: 2.4x speed
Drive/FW: Optiarc AD-7201A/1.09 stock

tomppa
You posted this scan in the NEC forum already. Please don’t crosspost with the same material.

The thread you posted in rarely gets comments on scans, so I’ll leave this one here, but in the future you should not ask the same question in different forums as it is against the rules here.

And to answer your question, this is a pretty good scan for DL media.

Burner scans should go in the burner forums under the burner name :slight_smile:

In general I would agree Jimbo, but for someone new to scanning, who wants commentary on their scans, the individual burner threads are rarely a good place to start. They get lost in the multitude of scans.

tomppa
There is quite a lot of information about scanning in the Blank Media forum. You should probably do some reading there. In the meantime, I think you have a good burner, so don’t worry too much about it.

Yes Kerry I agree somewhat as I have only went to the Pioneer Forum and the guys seem pretty helpful on comments on scans in that forum so thought that maybe they all were the same, Ditto on what Kerry said, that was a pretty good scan

Hi tomppa :slight_smile:

Since you have an Optiarc, can you run a Transfer Rate Test on the disc?

I don’t scan DVDR media with my Optiarc, but I find it’s an excellent drive for running TRTs.

For an Optiarc scan, that one looks fine though IMO. :slight_smile: