What do you take for a Headache

When you get a Headache what is the first med.you reach for .

i try to take a aspirin product . I’m get cluster headache and its my first line of offense . next is a sinus reliever if a aspirin product wont do the trick in like a 1/2 hour or so.
im just glad my cluster headaches are / or have been able to be put in check for years at a time.
but they have started back up in the last month and if the meds my MD on don’t kick in soon i need to see him again :frowning:

this is why i have been on at all hours. as they (headache) will wake me out of a sleep .

I used to have a coffee and a cigarette, but now that I´ve quit smoking I don´t seem to get headaches at all. :doh:

If I do, a glass of water and an aspirin does the trick…and if I can´t sleep, it means I´m not tired enough.

The 1st cox inhibitor I can find lying around

If you have a previous history of cluster headache, the best option is to see your doctor as soon as possible. If these episodes were solved in past for a long time, there must be a reason why they returned again.

I’m not saying that is something very bad, but only a medical checkup can determine if there is a cause of this return. Maybe it is only a temporary stressing event in your life that caused the return. Removing this stressful event (if possible, of course) can solve everything with no drugs at all.

Don’t take pills by yourself, because the most dreaded “side effect” of headache-killers is that they can become completely ineffective if abused, making then very difficult to reduce pain.

A couple of aspirin is good for the episodic headache, but more “serious” drugs should be avoided until a doctor decide if they can be used safely.

I hope that you’ll solve this problem ASAP :flower:

I get headaches almost constantly (especially these days with one of my neighbours ;)) - I’ve had them checked out and they appear to be tension-related.

Anyways, I reach for the Ibuprofen sometimes, but paracetamol more so these days, after I found out what Ibuprofen can do to your stomach etc. :wink:

Aspirin is right off my list since it interacts with another medication I’m prescribed (for acid reflux problems), or I’d take that.

Best thing for it in my case though, is peace and quiet, but that doesn’t happen too often. :slight_smile:

Keep in touch with your doc though, renovation. And I hope the meds you’ve been prescribed kick in soon, got me paws crossed for you :flower:

in my case i have the M.D. permission to take some meds he has on a standing order for me. i have had this problem for better then 40 years going on . along with aspirin till they subside :o([QUOTE=geno888;2439515]If you have a previous history of cluster headache, the best option is to see your doctor as soon as possible. If these episodes were solved in past for a long time, there must be a reason why they returned again.

I’m not saying that is something very bad, but only a medical checkup can determine if there is a cause of this return. Maybe it is only a temporary stressing event in your life that caused the return. Removing this stressful event (if possible, of course) can solve everything with no drugs at all.

Don’t take pills by yourself, because the most dreaded “side effect” of headache-killers is that they can become completely ineffective if abused, making then very difficult to reduce pain.

A couple of aspirin is good for the episodic headache, but more “serious” drugs should be avoided until a doctor decide if they can be used safely.

I hope that you’ll solve this problem ASAP :flower:[/QUOTE]

I use Paracetamol & Codeine (500mg / 5mg) available over the counter here in the UK. They will beat just about any headache I have - and some of them feel like something is trying to push my right eye out…

[QUOTE=Nick.C;2439666]I use Paracetamol & Codeine (500mg / 5mg) available over the counter here in the UK. They will beat just about any headache I have - and some of them feel like something is trying to push my right eye out…[/QUOTE]

Those don’t touch my headaches :eek:…dunno why ‘cos plain ol’ paracetamol will (most of the time…if not it’s back to the ibuprofen).

Hmmm

It seems to me, that the world must be divided into good and bad people. The good ones sleep better… while the bad ones seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.

Perhaps that´s got something to do with it…or not :doh:

I normally take between 2-8 200mb ibuprofen depending on how bad the headache is.

I do not take aspirin, no exceptions.

Have you ever had a CatScan to see if it may be a more serious problem?

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2439935]
Have you ever had a CatScan to see if it may be a more serious problem?[/QUOTE]

Cue the Cat Scan jokes… :slight_smile:

I actually don’t take anything when I have a headache unless I truly cannot function. I typically just “deal with it”. If it’s bad enough to make me unable to do anything else, I go straight to bed and try to sleep it away.

I do have the Tylenol and Aspirin around, should that ever fail. But it hasn’t yet, thankfully. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2439935]I normally take between 2-8 200[B]mb[/B] ibuprofen depending on how bad the headache is…[/QUOTE]
Well I usually take app 2-3 Gigabytes ibuprofen, is it too much?? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2439945]Well I usually take app 2-3 Gigabytes ibuprofen, is it too much?? :p[/QUOTE]

Haha nice catch Hemi…methinks Jamerson spends too much time around his computers. :wink:

[QUOTE=Hemispasm;2439945]Well I usually take app 2-3 Gigabytes ibuprofen, is it too much?? :p[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Arachne;2439952]Haha nice catch Hemi…methinks Jamerson spends too much time around his computers. ;)[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if anyone would catch that…It 'twas intentional.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2439939]Cue the Cat Scan jokes… :)[/QUOTE]

This does not mean to go scan your image on your flatbed, LIN!:stuck_out_tongue:

I send the wife on a vacation.

I find a headache can rarely withstand a cold damp cloth to the forehead and over the eyes… works for me most of the time … if that doesn’t work, like Albert, I will sleep it off.

i have a history of migranes…so at the first sign …i take 2 midrin(Isometheptene Mucate)…if that doesn’t work 30 mins later i’m on to demerol.(meperidine)…and if it should not go away…(about 3 days later) if i begin to throw up…then its to the docs office for a good ole dose of Morphine :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2439977]This does not mean to go scan your image on your flatbed, LIN!:p[/QUOTE]

LOL!! :eek:

What a thought…never even entered my head :disagree:

ROTFL @ Jim…now that wasn’t nice :stuck_out_tongue: