What do II/III/6 Suffixes mean? (Lite-On LH-20A1H)

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On LH-20A1H. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Can someone quickly tell me what these suffixes denote?

LH-20A1H (LL0C FB FBL EOS EOHT II)
LH-20A1H (LL0D FB FBL EOS EOHT 6)

I have one of these drives, currently using LL07 I’ve been getting some burn errors, even at the media’s rated speed (TDK/Memorex 16x) (Nero). Then I retry the same project and it works fine…

Hi V12|V12. I started off with roman numerals and then changed to numbers. It’s the version of EOHT, the later hopefully being the best.

If you’re just after better quality use the EOHT without the FB/FBL/EOS, as these are all power options/patches.

TDK :Z & Memorex :Z media should be avoided if possible. It’s usually horrible low grade CMC media, but later firmware and EOHT may help you to burn it better.

Make sure you backup your firmware and EEPROM before flashing. :wink:

[QUOTE=C0deKing;2234916]Hi V12|V12. I started off with roman numerals and then changed to numbers. It’s the version of EOHT, the later hopefully being the best.

If you’re just after better quality use the EOHT without the FB/FBL/EOS, as these are all power options/patches.

TDK :Z & Memorex :Z media should be avoided if possible. It’s usually horrible low grade CMC media, but later firmware and EOHT may help you to burn it better.

Make sure you backup your firmware and EEPROM before flashing. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ah yes from the King himself! Long time fan of your wonderful work; you should release your OWN DVDRW drive, it’d be a dream for tinkerers!

Yeah I pretty much don’t care that much for speed per se; I care about quality then speed. Course I don’t want turtle speed, but standard burns are fast enough for me, forbidding some error… Of which has seemed to plague this system with every LiteOn drive I’ve ever owned. It works, but I usually have to fool around with settings etc… my 832S/1693S were a NIGHTMARE (see sig!) and almost broke my allegience with LiteOn… But as usual, you have brought it back over the years of patches.

The Media: Yeah I get them free from work :wink: I’ll have to order some TY’s soon, it’s been so long since I’ve bought media… I know it’s trivial to ask, but what in your opinion are the [B]top 3[/B] media? T-Yuden certainly on your list/worth the price?

Ciao and thanks again.

Thanks again! (BTW- How did you get into all of this again?)

[QUOTE=V12|V12;2235085]…but what in your opinion are the [B]top 3[/B] media? T-Yuden certainly on your list/worth the price?..[/QUOTE]
For me (I can’t get TY here):
Verbatim
Prodisc
Imation

Hey! What a coincidence, I’m in the middle of figuring out what all the settings are for the EEPROM back up utility; soon to flash my drive.

Can’t get TY’s huh… argh, what you cannot get shipping there?

(Last question)
I’ve been searching; where do can I find a guide that explains all the settings? There’s so many in the tool (thanks a lot), I haven’t found a complete documentation of it?

BTW- Thanks for taking the time answering my questions.

Enjoy the week!

Glad I could be of help.

Most won’t ship here and the cost is too high from the ones that do.

[QUOTE=V12|V12;2235615](Last question)
I’ve been searching; where do can I find a guide that explains all the settings? There’s so many in the tool (thanks a lot), I haven’t found a complete documentation of it?[/QUOTE]
Just what’s in the threads for the EEPROM Utility and the Settings Utility. The Settings Utility shares two of the EEPROM Utilities tabs. :wink: See my signature for the links.