What do I need?

vbimport

I’m a newbie so don’t kill me :stuck_out_tongue: I want to back up my kids dvd’s because they end up getting scratched. :doh: So what do I need to do this?

nevermind, I dl’d the trial version of anydvd & clonedvd2. The only issue I’m having is at the end of coping it, it says 100% but at the bottom says something like writing and buffering but it’s not really doing anything. It last like that for a long time… untill I turn the computer off, which is the only way I can get the disc thingie open. I played the copy to make sure it had no problems and it doesn’t. So why is it sticking at the end?

Geez I guess I’ll just reply to myself :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

I ended up leaving one on last night before I went to bed, woke up this morning and it said it was finished and if I wanted to eject it. So now I’m thinking it just takes awhile, even though it look’s like it’s not doing anything but it is. So I’m wondering should I copy the other ones again since I didn’t let them finish…I mean they seemed to work fine but I might end up with glitches later… :confused:

@ wickedslyfox,

Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately you haven’t provided much information for Forum Members to provide any meaningful assistance to you.

Using a DVD Burner with up to date Firmware and using known proven quality blank DVD Media the entire backup coping process usually takes approximately 25 minutes.

Usually using a DVD Burner that has old out of date obsolete Firmware, the use of poor quality blank DVD Media, and or a combination of both, causes the problem you are describing.

Since you haven’t provide any information on the Name/Model/Firmware Version of your undisclosed DVD Burner suggest ensuring that your DVD Burner has the newest most current up to date Firmware available.

Also since you haven’t provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the blank DVD Media you are using suggest using known proven quality DVD Media Such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden that produces error free results.

If you provide the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the blank DVD Media you are using and the Name/Model/Firmware Version of your undisclosed DVD Burner knowledge informed Forum members will review that data provided and make recommendations. If you are unaware of how to obtain this information suggest using DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com).

Regards,
bjkg

All you need either AnyDVD ( if you have it) with Nero or RipIt4Me (free program) to do the whole job for you.

If you have AnyDVD there is no need to let RipIt4Me to do the ripping.