What do I need to print on my burned CDs?

Besides getting CDs that are “printable”, what kinds of hardware and software does someone need to do this, please?

AND is there a program that will let me print the names of 24 song titles and their artists on a CD? Maybe in “spoke fashion” around the CD radiating out from the center…or in concentric circles?

Originally posted by daddySEAL

Besides getting CDs that are “printable”,
what kinds of hardware and software does someone need to do this, please?

Something like that, I guess :

CD/DVD Label Printer

Thanks, BoSkin

I noticed that TDK disk printer only prints in 4 colors(Black, Silver, Red and Blue). Isn’t there any other CD printer(s) that will do multi-colors, as in color photographs…like natural landscapes, etc.

And will the Taiyo Yuden disks work in this and other printers? (The TDK printer only recommends TDK printable CDs, of course)

Isn’t there any other CD printer(s) that will do multi-colors, as in color photographs…like natural landscapes, etc.

And will the Taiyo Yuden disks work in this and other printers?

The TDK printer only recommends TDK printable CDs, of course.
Google search > [COLOR=blue]multi-color CD printer

As for TY, as suggested in the other thread, try contacting the seller.

Yes, but just keep in mind that the TDK (printable) media can be made by Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, CMC etc.
Of course, they keep quiet on that.[/COLOR]

thank you, BoSkin.

Ouch!!
A multi color(with more than just black, silver, red and blue) appears to cost thousands of dollars!

I’m just a poor “home user”…hehe.
NO Way I could afford that.

Darn!!

Thanks again for all the helpful info, friend.

Ouch!!
A multi color(with more than just black, silver, red and blue) appears to cost thousands of dollars!

Thanks again for all the helpful info, friend.
Yeah, that’s exactly what I mean.

You’re welcome ! And btw, have you seen this yet ? >

TDK launches new CD/DVD label printer with improved design, functionality and more colours

that looks interesting, but I didn’t see a price or availability date in the US(where I am).

I noticed they added the color green to the others. I wonder why they didn’t just add yellow(instead of green…which is blue and yellow mixed)? Then with red and blue, they’d have all the primary colors to make any color(including green)?

Alternative option > Epson Stylus Photo 900

Cool, BoSkin

You are a rapid help, with a wealth of great information!

Thank you, friend.

Don

The Epson 960 looks like a nice printer. It uses 6 individual cartridges (2 black). It should accept the printable TYs without any problem.

thanks, jssilva

I remember seeing one that would print on regular CDs(not necessarily printable media), but can’t find it again.