What do I have to do to discover Securom version

Have downloaded hex workshop and clikview now what do I have to do to discover Securom version:confused:

Open the protected executable and find the AddD string. As stated in the first post of this thread “The version number of SecuROM can be found after AddD string in the protected executable”.

found it now the search function was set to hex not text:o
This is interesting though the version reported on The Thing (uk)
is 4.82.00.0037 and I have made a succesful back-up that plays perfectly on several other test PCs I have. I just used my usual way of backing up Securom protected discs:
Read with Plex 2410 using Clone 4.0.1.10 and writing with either of Plex 2410 Liteon 24102b or Liteon 24103s
usual Securom settings however when reading subs with plex it doesnt matter what speed I set it will only read at 8X is this normal for plexys with subs checked.
UT 2003 is not out here until Friday (if its not delayed again)
so will have to wait until then to try later version do not intend to get Beach life(spring break)

Originally posted by plimo
This is interesting though the version reported on The Thing (uk) is 4.82.00.0037 and I have made a succesful back-up that plays perfectly on several other test PCs I have.

Curious, though, of course, The Thing hasn’t previously proven to be more difficult than other versions of the WCIII type.

Did your copy install any entries in your registry under a key name of SecuROM? (Those that can’t be copied all appear to do so.)

I don’t have the version numbers but my understanding is that Hitman 2 and No-one Lives Forever 2 can both be added to this ever growing list.

no registry keys have been added with this version of secuROM

Philamber, Hi. You stated “but my understanding is that Hitman 2 and No-one Lives Forever 2 can both be added to this ever growing list.” Do you mean of items that can now be copied OR
cant be copied? Thanks

Can’t be copied…