What do I do with DVDFab files..?

I’m clueless. I just got DVDFab Platinum. I’m not computer literate at all. I think it is the region free version. The person who got me the software is far more skilled than I am and I’m sure he would have gotten the right thing. Problem is. I believe I’ve copied 3 of my my movie DVDs but I don’t know. Each time it took a long time (about 45 minutes) and it said “copying”. I do have two files on my computer right now. One in a DVD fab platinum “temp” filed with a sub-file marked “DVD” with two folders - audio and video. I have a similar file in the “my documents” section of my computer where I believe I put the 2nd DVD I attempted to copy. But now I don’t know what to do. I don’t know if the movies were actual copied or what, and I don’t know what to do now. There are just a whole lot of “video_ts.bup” files. I’d rather watch the copies on my computer rather than use up a whole lot of blank cds, but I haven’t a clue what to do next, or how to copies these files “IF” they are the actual movies.

HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If I’m not wrong, DVDFab Platinum is not a free software :disagree:

Try to use another free software to rip your movies, like Ripit4me

To watch these on your PC just click on the largest of the video_ts.bup files that are in the video ts folder for each movie. These will be the main movie. Make sure you have the dvd codecs for Windows Media Player or a compatible software dvd player ie. PowerDvd, Nero Showtime, etc.

If one day you decide you want to burn dvds here are some guides. http://bbmayo.home.comcast.net/

Ehh, kinda… If you’re looking to play it off your hard drive, “VIDEO_TS.IFO” is the one you want to point PowerDVD to. Technically the .BUP is the same thing, but nothing really associates itself with it.

If you want to burn it to DVD, you can use Nero, or DVDFab probably has some kind of burning system.

First, let me say thank you for trying to guide me. I did go to the file that had the largest KB number. I was thrilled when it started to play BUT I noticed fairly quickly that all it played were the previews. No movies. Also, I had copied THREE different movie DVDs this evening and every folder I opened showed the LAST DVD I copied. I can’t find the other two. HELP. Thanks.