What Disks Will Work On My DVD RW Drive?

Hello,

I have been wanting to burn Data on to disks and i have tried Memorex DVD-R and when trying to burn it says that the disks are bad media, this is the first time ive tried doing this on this DVD RW Drive. I’m just wondering if anyone can help me with what disks are best for my DVD RW Drive i have been to device manager and here is the name of the drive:

ATAPI DVD A DH16A38 SCSI CDRom

And also the Memorex did say i may need to update my firmware and/or drivers but i have no idea what manufactor made the drive to search for them any help will be much appreciated.

@ iTz Gav,

In many instances Memorex branded media has proven to be poor quality problematic Media.

It should be noted in your previous “Nero illegal disc error” CDFreaks Forum posting your problem was caused by the use of poor quality problematic Media and at that time Forum Members suggested that you limit your use of Media to Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media. It appears you have failed to heed the prudent advice of Forum Members.

If you stick to known proven quality Media that consistently produces quality error free results such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media you should not experience any Media related problems.

As previously suggested by Forum Members in your previous “Nero illegal disc error” posting once again suggest visiting the CDFreaks Blank Media Forum for information on known proven quality error free Media ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/

In your previous “Nero illegal disc error” CDFreaks Forum posting your DVD Optical Drive was a Hitachi LG-Data-Storage GSA-T20N drive which is Laptop/Notebook Optical Drive. You need to contact the Manufacture of your Laptop/Notebook Computer for Firmware for your Hitachi LG-Data-Storage GSA-T20N Laptop/Notebook Optical Drive.

Regards,
bjkg

thanks i have ordered some of the discs you mentioned, but i am no longer using the notebook drive i have a new pc

@ iTz Gav,

If you post a N e r o Burning log it will provide the current Model Number of your DVD Burner.

Regards,
bjkg