What did you pay for your NEC2500A?

it was a computer glitch that lasted one day. Several got the drives for 20 bucks, lucky dogs.

Originally posted by Dartman
it was a computer glitch that lasted one day. Several got the drives for 20 bucks, lucky dogs.

I got lucky (2-Liteon’s):), but not lucky enough to get an NEC. Had to go to Staples and pay 129.99+tax with 30 rebate. :frowning:

I wish I had the funds for three burners! :sad:
Although for $20 I could have! :stuck_out_tongue:

119 Euros at my local retailer here in the Netherlands…

Originally posted by Budman62
Dolmar officemax NEVER had a DVD-rw for under $100, onsale or anywhere, best i ever saw online or instore was $109 plus $50 rebate, i think your full of it…$25 for a dvdwriter…what you smokin…your plex 708?:bow:

Why do i need to lie?

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=24&threadid=284607&highlight_key=y&keyword1=OM

There is a thread of over 1000 people who scored the Pacific Digital drive for 69.99 - 50 rebate Budman62.

Btw are you 9? Or just a dumb redneck? Guess if you had 1/2 a brain you would have paid 19 + tax for it too. Cause it was no secret either cause 1000’s of people got it for the same price as me.

date of purchace: March 1, 2004

Info on Unit:
Black OEM version
Build Date: February 2004 fw 1.06

Ordered From www.newegg.com

Total Cost: 103.00

-ty1er

I got one for $20 AR + Tax also from Office Max. (I watch FW 3-4X a day. Sad.)

I read about the price mistake plus $50 rebate and headed right over to an Office Max that I know gets restocks Friday nights. I told the Office manage that I had bad experience with a few of the Pacific Digital rebadges previously in the week but that the NEC would work. I asked her to go in the back and check for any that started with a 4… and had a letter in them. She brought one out and I bought it and I got my$50 rebate initially denied. (Invalid) I then simply called and complained and now it shows valid.

I have had problems with the Cheapo Starlogic 1X DVD-R discs (got 50 for $10 AR) and also the Comp USA 20 for $10 that are the same discs. I am going to sell those online. ABOUT 2of3 burn coasters!

My cheapo Kypermedia (25 DVD- and then lator 25 DVD+ for $10 each AR) work great and burn at 4X sometimes.

And then my Memorex 2.4X DVD+RW burn at 4X but with discs with info already on them I have to erase the disc first in order to rewrite.

I use x-copy, and for better quality I use DVD Shrink + Nero 6.01

Bought mine back in the beginning before price drops, so it was $117.00 USD. Dropping prices are a fact of life, and I don’t feel cheated by having paid a little more to Newegg for a drive that has worked perfectly for me so far.

Went to www.newegg.com

Puchased NEC ND2500A black bezel ($97.00 USD)

and 50 pack of Ritek DVD+R’s ($49.99 USD)

FREE FED-EX shipping to my door in 3 days!!! :bigsmile:

TOTAL COST : $146.99 USD and at my door in 3 days.:cool:

GREAT BURNER NO COMPLAINTS!!!

I got it for 92 dollars at newegg, in a 1 day offer that after seen what some of you payed for it doesnt look a great offer anymore, heh, the only thing I got was A nice t-shirt from new egg.

Patan.-:rolleyes:

Originally posted by patan
I got it for 92 dollars at newegg, in a 1 day offer that after seen what some of you payed for it doesnt look a great offer anymore, heh, the only thing I got was A nice t-shirt from new egg.

hehe yeah but for 19 bucks after rebate i did not get a free t-shirt.

I bought my NEC 2500a (jan 2004 firm:1.06) for $170au which is about $127US

I just bought mine last week for $97 w/ Free Fed Ex Saver S&H. It arrived in 2 days. (Black OEM)

I bought mine from NewEgg.com. They offer an Extended Warranty for $5.00 for an additional year of coverage.

So far, I’m pretty happy with the drive. My drive had problems reading a slightly scratched disc as well.

I’m going to tear my system down tomorrow & find out why my Write times on 6x media went from 8 minutes to over 30 after my 1st burn. I don’t recall changing anything that could have caused this. I can’t really say yet if I recommend this drive or not.

If I can rectify my Writing problem with Nero 6.3.1.6, then I’d probably recommend it.

BTW, this drive is priced at $93 today.

US $95 dollars from www.newegg.com, yesterday…

$101 (USD) a few days ago from NewEgg; including Easy CD/DVD 6 (better than nothing!), five NewEgg/Ritek GO4/L19 DVD-Rs, and free shipping.

Built Feb 2004, FW 1.06

Not a great price, but this drive’s popularity is driving the price up.

$100 on NewEgg with $6 extra year warranty. The burner can be found brand new shipped for $87 without rebates. Thats a steal if you ask me…

Got it from Newegg with $93 plus free 5 blank dvd-r.Received it in 2 days, free shipping, no tax.

I paid $165 AUD

I got mine yesterday from Microcenter after a price mistake in their website for $99 and a $40 rebate so it will be $60.

It was a rebadge MADDOG brand, black Built Feb 2004, FW 1.06.

I paid 99 € here in Germany. I purchased it about 10 days ago.