What did i do?

vbimport

Okay, i used a program on my computer from this site a regestry cleaner,it worked fine and cleaned out bad start ups etc, befor i went to add/remove programs it showed windows hotfix and a seral number…it had about six or seven of them, there all gone… now it says widows installer 3.1(kb93803) and windows servise pack 2 what happened to all the hot fix codes and do need them? all seems to be okay at the moment i have a dell 2400 w.xp home :doh:

Not sure what has happened but check the following

Dont know if you already have this checked but make sure the show updates box is checked…

I dont quite what your saying? what do i need to check??? :confused:

That’s pretty clear. ήояту is talking about the show updates box in add/removes programs. :iagree:

sorry,alittle slow,…i checked and yes it has a check in it but no hotfix codes just what i said earlier… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

well Registry Cleaner does state to check everything before removing, but what i think happend was:

Registry Cleaner decided that it wasnt a good idea to be removing security fixes so it just deleted the keys from the registry that Add/Remove programs looks at to generate its list thus making accidental deletion a lot harder.

so should i worrie ? you know what allthis gives me a major head ache you want to buy a computer cheap? :a :a :a :a Thankyou for all your help…

Personally I would’nt worry, If the Windows Update website says that you don’t need any updates then they are still installed. I think there is an option to remove updates from the Windows update website so if you ever need to remove them you can from there.

Thanks your a life saver,when i win the lottery ill hire you and BJKG,So ican get bailed out of this crap… :iagree: :clap: